Meditated pheasant feed for quail chicks?

I would order some regular, non-medicated feed ASAP. I've heard that it's okay and that it's not good for them but I haven't experimented. I'd err on the side of caution. One bag is not likely to cause them harm if you don't want to waste it, but if you order regular food right away you can mix it with the regular feed or keep it aside in case of an emergency like this time.
I can't keep ordering bags of feed... the other feed store only sells game bird starter in fifty pound bags. I honestly don't think I need much. I'm so confused of the information I am receiving

I can't just keep ordering bags of feed. The other store only sells it in fifty pound bags. I don't need that much. So am I okay to feed the medicated feed to them? Or do I waste money and by another bag? I'm seriously so confused
The medicated feed isn't going to harm them, but non-medicated feed is better for them. A 50 lb bag will stay good for quite some time if properly stored, so you may want to get one of those. @007Sean knows his stuff, so listen to him.

The medicated feed isn't going to harm them, but non-medicated feed is better for them. A 50 lb bag will stay good for quite some time if properly stored, so you may want to get one of those. @007Sean knows his stuff, so listen to him.
Okay, so I guess I'll get a bag of un medicated feed. Would chick start and grow temporarily be okay to feed until I can get the feed

So the chicks aren't eating more of it

Okay, so I guess I'll get a bag of un medicated feed. Would chick start and grow temporarily be okay to feed until I can get the feed
Yes, it will be fine until you get some 24 to 28% protein gamebird feed. Most chick starter/ grower is 20% protein. It also is lacking in the proper amounts of some essential vitamins and minerals that are present in gamebird feed but it will do until you get some gamebird feed.

Yes, it will be fine until you get some 24 to 28% protein gamebird feed. Most chick starter/ grower is 20% protein. It also is lacking in the proper amounts of some essential vitamins and minerals that are present in gamebird feed but it will do until you get some gamebird feed.
I now have them on a all breed game bird starter

What do you mean? Regular game bird feed? Like I said, one feed store was out of game bird feed. So I opted for the pheasant starter. 27% protein. Am I wrong for doing this? I don't have many options here in my small town. And ordering and shipping feed can be expensive
Do you have access to chewy????? They have added a large variety of feeds available to be shipped and lots of coupons to get free shipping and $15 off your first order. I currently use Kalmbach flock maker and auto ship 100# every 2 weeks and it has cut my trips to the feed store down significantly.

Back
Top Bottom