Meet Cinnamon & Sugar, my baby quail ♥️

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
Meet my day-old baby jumbo quail, Cinnamon and Sugar. This thread will be updated regularly with their progress in feather growth, weight, behaviour, etc.
- This is measured in mainly Metric Units, with Imperial Units enclosed in brackets.
- Unusual observations of mine will be listed at the end of each paragraph, but feel free to mention any of your own

Sugar:
PXL_20230817_233234932.jpg

PXL_20230818_002345760.jpg
PXL_20230819_072025765.jpg

Sex: Unsure
Colour: Pearl Fee?
Current Weight: 5g (0.176 oz.)
Current Behaviour: Screams a lot, partially imprinted on me. Runs around like crazy. Will fall asleep in my hand but doesn't do it as much as Cinnamon. Won't fall asleep unless on her stomach w/ legs completely stretched.

Cinnamon:
PXL_20230818_004616459.jpg
PXL_20230818_010936203.jpg
PXL_20230819_072129445.jpg

Colour: Pharaoh?
Current Weight: 8g (0.282 oz.)
Current Behaviour: Quiet, doesn't scream much, even at night when I'm not there. Completely imprinted on me and used to me. Falls asleep in my hand regularly, likes pats. Will sleep in any position on anything. Pretty chill for a baby quail.

Meet my day-old baby jumbo quail, Cinnamon and Sugar. This thread will be updated regularly with their progress in feather growth, weight, behaviour, etc.
- This is measured in mainly Metric Units, with Imperial Units enclosed in brackets.
- Unusual observations of mine will be listed at the end of each paragraph, but feel free to mention any of your own

Sugar:View attachment 3613416
View attachment 3613412View attachment 3613413
Colour: Pearl Fee?
Current Weight: 5g (0.176 oz.)
Current Behaviour: Screams a lot, partially imprinted on me. Runs around like crazy. Will fall asleep in my hand but doesn't do it as much as Cinnamon. Won't fall asleep unless on her stomach w/ legs completely stretched.

Cinnamon:
View attachment 3613419View attachment 3613420View attachment 3613421
Colour: Pharaoh?
Current Weight: 8g (0.282 oz.)
Current Behaviour: Quiet, doesn't scream much, even at night when I'm not there. Completely imprinted on me and used to me. Falls asleep in my hand regularly, likes pats. Will sleep in any position on anything. Pretty chill for a baby quail.
They are adorable!!! I had a similar baby hatch and she was a Italian! Here is a photo of her from when she was a chick and now.
PXL_20230709_132029455.jpg

PXL_20230819_075356012.jpg

One observation I've made so far is that Cinnamon will make a faint noise that sounds like a baby crying, while Sugar will make the normal loud baby quail call.

One observation I've made so far is that Cinnamon will make a faint noise that sounds like a baby crying, while Sugar will make the normal loud baby quail call.
I guess she's just politely asking for your attention! Lol

Have you seen them trying to fly like jumping up and flapping their tiny little wings, Pancake does that all the time unlike all the other adult quail! It's adorable. However one time she did I so much she fell into the pond!

I guess she's just politely asking for your attention! Lol

Have you seen them trying to fly like jumping up and flapping their tiny little wings, Pancake does that all the time unlike all the other adult quail! It's adorable. However one time she did I so much she fell into the pond!
I've seen Sugar try and do that, it's so cute! She can't get more than 3cm off the ground thankfully 😅

Ummm... Sugar is definitely not a jumbo. Cinnamon might be, but you'll have to see how big she gets.
Sugar is the same size as all my baby jumbo quail are at that age, all my other babies weighed 5g when they were her age, and those ones ended up jumbos. They were jumbo-size eggs and the parents are jumbos.

I know you're a know-it-all, but I really don't see how this could be true. I'll have to weigh her again this afternoon and see if she weighs the same as Cinni did yesterday.

Sugar is the same size as all my baby jumbo quail are at that age, all my other babies weighed 5g when they were her age, and those ones ended up jumbos. They were jumbo-size eggs and the parents are jumbos.

I know you're a know-it-all, but I really don't see how this could be true. I'll have to weigh her again this afternoon and see if she weighs the same as Cinni did yesterday.
They are not jumbo.

Mine are not jumbo either and mine weigh more than yours at hatch... And by at hatch I mean within minutes of coming out of the egg.
See here:

Thread 'Weights From Hatch' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/weights-from-hatch.1590876/

Also, just because someone sells you something, doesn't it mean they're actually selling you with their claiming they are selling you.

Back
Top Bottom