1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meet Lilith the mis-matched brahma

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gritsar, Sep 3, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    This is Lilith. We know she's not marked at all as a buff brahma should be, but we think she's beautiful just the same. I do wonder though, where did the extra black markings come from? Could she possibly have some dark brahma in her lineage? By the way, see that cookie under her foot in the first pic? That's MY cookie and I blamed the dog for stealing it off the picnic table before I got a look at this pic that my SO took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wherever the black markings came from, she's a beauty!

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    That does look like the same pattern as a dark brahma female. And I think she is very pretty too.

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    She is a pretty girl.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

pretty girl! (and I know the feeling about the lost cookie: I squealed on my military attack team and their razor sharp, precise operation they coordinated to have one team distract me, one team steal my bread, and the other team steal my meatloaf all at the same time, then they ran away to meet at the designated coordinates... )

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Sounds like Lilith went to reform school with your bunch. She's the one I worry about when I read where brahmas have a tendency to fatness. If there's something in my hands she'll grab it without question and take it somewhere quiet to figure out if it's food or not.

7. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    She has Dark Brahma in her for sure. She is a beauty and a thief !! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by