Meet "Mabelo", the majestic guardian of my flock (and my house!)

20230820_140250.jpg

By the way, if anyone knows why his girl wouldn't stop trying to hide between his legs, I'd really appreciate the information or even a random theory. All I can think of is that she was cold but... she is a fluffy ball, too!

View attachment 3616156

By the way, if anyone knows why his girl wouldn't stop trying to hide between his legs, I'd really appreciate the information or even a random theory. All I can think of is that she was cold but... she is a fluffy ball, too!
Incredibly beautiful boy! ❤ She may be seeking comfort underneath him if she's a bit timid, possibly she just loves him. Either way it's so adorable she does this! :D

Incredibly beautiful boy! ❤ She may be seeking comfort underneath him if she's a bit timid, possibly she just loves him. Either way it's so adorable she does this! :D

The two smaller hens sleep under his wings in the roost, but they never do this during the day.

It could be love. Mabelo is the rapist kind of rooster but I've seen this hen squatting in front of him, like, willingly, lol. She is also the only hen that has ever become broody in my flock.

Last edited:
View attachment 3676951

Today I was able to hold him with only one arm, lol. But you can see how my body tilts to the opposite side. I really need to know exactly how much he weighs.
He's a beauty! ❤ Let's see....judging from your tilt...I'd say 9 to 10 pounds. :D

Back
Top Bottom