Meet Pepper and Poppy

Hi all!! My husband just came home with these 2 babies! they already love to be held I think they are Plymouth/Barred Rock? which I have never had they are 2 weeks old any tips for the first night they are chirping away
View attachment 3520329
oh my gosh... A few months ago I adopted a two barred rocks and named them these *exact* same names! haha!

How are your girls doing @Bronx girls? Any pics? 💚
Thank you so much for asking! They will be 10 weeks Saturday and I have now started integrating them with the rest of my girls but they keep getting chased, Pepper and Poppy have been THE best Breed chicken I have ever had they are super cuddly and friendly!

Attachments

• IMG-20230718-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20230718-WA0009.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230718_145440.jpg
    20230718_145440.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 7
I'm so glad their doing well!! :love 💚
I am trying to intergrate them and its the first time I intergrate chicks and my girls are really giving them a hard time especially my teenagers, I have had them inside the run in a see no touch pen for the last 3 days and they terrorize them chasing them back and forth any suggestions appreciated.

I am trying to intergrate them and its the first time I intergrate chicks and my girls are really giving them a hard time especially my teenagers, I have had them inside the run in a see no touch pen for the last 3 days and they terrorize them chasing them back and forth any suggestions appreciated.
That's pretty normal with integration. I would wait until they are maybe 14 or 15 weeks to start integration so they are big enough to defend themselves. When they are that age, they are starting to physically mature and are capable of moving up into the pecking order where the older hens will begin to respect them. Right now, they aren't able to move up to a higher level in the order and they are still young, so the older hens are treating them that way because they feel them as a threat or bother to the flock. You can continue the see-no-touch pen if you like so by the time they are old enough to integrate the older hens will already know them. :D

lol!! Those are great names love it!! how are they doing?
My Poppy and Pepper are great! They make some crazzzzzy noises compared my two red hens. They also had to “survive” an extensive *hazing* phase from the red hens. 🙄🙃 It took forever but they all get along now.
Hope your Pepper and Poppy are doing well! I saw in a post further down the thread about introducing them to the rest of your flock. 🐔

Back
Top Bottom