Megs has a very sore foot

Heidi65

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2015
Prescott Valley, AZ
My Coop
My Coop
sad.png
I came home today and my hubby and daughter told me her foot was sore. I went out and my daughter held her and I looked at her foot real well. I couldn't see anything wrong with it visually. Our dog run which they run through to get to the back has some 3/4" gravel and the back yard now consists on dead weeds, burrs. There are no goat head type stickers at all, hubby takes care them right away!

She does run on it but when she gets where she is going she will stand on one leg. Here are pics on what I got, hope they help. We can use any help we can get.

sad.png
I came home today and my hubby and daughter told me her foot was sore. I went out and my daughter held her and I looked at her foot real well. I couldn't see anything wrong with it visually. Our dog run which they run through to get to the back has some 3/4" gravel and the back yard now consists on dead weeds, burrs. There are no goat head type stickers at all, hubby takes care them right away!

She does run on it but when she gets where she is going she will stand on one leg. Here are pics on what I got, hope they help. We can use any help we can get.

Looks like Bubble foot.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/bumblefoot-in-your-flock this might help.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of treating Bumblefoot with diesel fuel? I had a couple people from TSC tell me to dip her foot twice a day in it until it was gone. Seems awful easy compared to the torn up forearm I got yesterday using the drawing salve
barnie.gif
BTW, how often should I change the salve and bandage on her foot?

Has anyone heard of treating Bumblefoot with diesel fuel? I had a couple people from TSC tell me to dip her foot twice a day in it until it was gone. Seems awful easy compared to the torn up forearm I got yesterday using the drawing salve
barnie.gif
BTW, how often should I change the salve and bandage on her foot?

That is not a recognized treatment. Surgery is usually required for the bumblefoot seen in your pictures. Some people use kerosene on leg mites, which could be what the TSC people were confused about, but mites may be safely treated with oiling the legs once a week.

Back
Top Bottom