Brahma with sores on face and vent

asterisk

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2023
I noticed my brahma scratching her face and vent regularly, and checked on her when I noticed sores on her face and a horrible stink that never seemed to go away. Her vent is a mess of matted feathers and oozing sores, and I'm so regretful that I didn't notice earlier :[ Apart from the scratching and stinking, she hasn't been acting abnormal, and ever since we first got her she's never laid eggs, assumably because of age.

Thankfully she hasn't shown trouble defecating, and doesn't act unusual. I seriously doubt her condition is vent gleet, as her waste isn't as messy, but I couldn't find any other similar cases from my research, I'm lost! Should I separate her from the flock until she gets better, and what could give her or do that would help with her recovery? Super thankful for any tips, thanks for reading!

Attachments

• tempImageeFWo2k.png
    tempImageeFWo2k.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
Sorry in advance, I tried my best to clean up the clotted area, but she was getting fussy, any tips on how to clean such a sensitive area?

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 9
Those lumps kind of look like cancer or possible cutaneous Marek's.

To clean her vent better, try holding a warm, wet cloth to it and get the gunk loosened up enough that you can pick it off.

Oh no... Can she still be treated?
Those lumps kind of look like cancer or possible cutaneous Marek's.

To clean her vent better, try holding a warm, wet cloth to it and get the gunk loosened up enough that you can pick it off.

Back
Top Bottom