Memorial Day Holiday Weekend

A tribute to ALL soldiers, whatever nationality, creed, or race or service. (a salute)

A very special salute to ALL of our Civil War soldiers, no matter whether they were from the North or South, they are honored to this day for their undying love for their country, whatever reason they had to protect, after all they have lost their lives fighting what they believed in.

And a special honor to my great uncle, who died in the last day of WWII. He was an ambulance driver, got hit by a German sniper, died the next day. Such a beautiful man! It was hard on my grandpa who was his brother. I could not believe Grandpa HAD to write a letter which I still have, about how his brother was killed to the Department of Armed Services and demanded an investigation how it happened. Not a pleasant letter to read about the details leading up to his death but it brought relief to his family that Wayne didn't suffer after being shot in the head. Great Grandma suffered and grieved about him. He is buried in Florence Italy. I had the honor having some of his letters written to his parents how Italy was beautiful at that time of the year, eating pizzas, vinos and wished he was back home working on the farm.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I give my Fil (retired air force intelligence) a thank you card for memorial day and make him a special dinner. I do the same for my husband when he is here but when he's gone I send him a thank you card. I also do something special for them when it is the 4th of July. I appreciate everything my Fil and husband and all the other soldiers have done.

Will be visiting with my grandpa who left buddies behind in Korea and came home 4lbs heavier due to a mortar round while he was helping his tank crew get un-stuck

Back
Top Bottom