Memorial Day Holiday Weekend

Opa

Opa-wan Chickenobi
12 Years
May 11, 2008
Howell Michigan
This is a long weekend for many folks. Some will go visit relatives, others go to the beach, while others have cookouts. This weekend has become a time of relaxation. What every you decide to do this weekend I hope all of you take a few moments and think about the original reason for Memorial Day; our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines who paid the ultimate price so we can live free in this wonderful country. Take a few moments and pray for them.

thumbsup.gif
well said!

Amen to that Opa. To many it is a long weekend kicking of the start of summer. What it really is is a time to thank our veterans. Not only the ones who have died, all of them for being there when their country needed them. I for one want to thank and salute all of our veterans, dead or alive. Including my Daddy who was a veteran of Korea. I love you Daddy!

Thank you for reminding people what this holiday is about. Where I live it seems to be treated as an afterthought, the last story on the news at the end of the evening. Dad was in WWII from '41 to '45, Navy, Pacific. He never talked about it. Q

This was a good thread you started Opa. Too bad so many people are out barbequing and partying. I'm giving it a bump.
smile.png

Too many just see it as another 3 day weekend sadly enough. While I truly hope everyone has a safe holiday, I also want to thank those who are currently serving and who have served in the past, many paying the ultimate price.

Thank You. For keeping us safe. For keeping us free. For protecting our way of life. For being the brave hero you are. Thank You.

My father and my uncles all served in WWII and I felt tremendous respect for them and that influenced my decision to enlist rather than wait to be drafted. My last duty assignment in the Army was as a drill sergeant at Fort Leonard Wood training recruits in combat engineering and demolition before they were sent to Viet Nam. Not a Memorial Day goes by that I don't think of them and pray my training helped keep them safe. God bless all who answer our country's call. Have a safe holiday all.

Back
Top Bottom