Memorial: Introduction and Kitty

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by simplysophie, Oct 18, 2011.

1. simplysophie

simplysophie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    The first chickens we ever got were eaten by a raccoon. Their names were Lizzie,Jane,Kitty,Lydia, Starbuck, Andromeda, and Peck. They all were unique in their own way. Kitty, was a demonic chicken who hated me right from the start. I have no idea what I did, but she would peck me at every available opportunity. She had the characteristic of having almost all of her tail feathers plucked except for the fuzz and two longest ones. I called her Devil Chicken. Now I wish I could have her back, and I would never do it again. We also lost a chicken named Cubert, but that's another thread. Please comment if you want more..... otherwise I wont waste valuable BYC space.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. scubagirlwonder

scubagirlwonder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Sammamish, WA
    Oh man....you lost all of those? It was hard enough losing one chicken, I can't imagine losing all those feathered friends! Did it happen all at once or were they picked off one at a time? Ugh....no fun. I am so sorry for your loss!

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It's always hard to lose them, especially in such a horrible way. [​IMG] We all understand here, so it is good to talk about it and start healing your heart. I have many special memories of favorite chicks that have been lost...................

4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG]

5. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    I hope you tell us more dear! You are not wasting anyone's time nor space.

6. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Quote:Pride and Prejudice names, by any chance? [​IMG]

I'm sorry about your chickens being eaten. [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] I'm so sorry you lost your babies. [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a horrible way to lose your pets. If you have photos of your chickens, let's see them!

9. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I am so sorry that you lost your first chickens. I hope you can get a better secured coop and run, and the get some more hens. But it is still good to grieve for the ones you have lost. [​IMG]

10. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    Yes, we did name them after Pride and Prejudice characters! [​IMG] It was actually Sophie's idea. What a smart girl I have [​IMG]

We did secure the coop and it is now Chicken Fort Knox. Currently we have a flock of six in there (our roo and his five hens), but our first ladies have a special place in our hearts <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by