Memorial: Introduction and Kitty

simplysophie

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 16, 2011
The first chickens we ever got were eaten by a raccoon. Their names were Lizzie,Jane,Kitty,Lydia, Starbuck, Andromeda, and Peck. They all were unique in their own way. Kitty, was a demonic chicken who hated me right from the start. I have no idea what I did, but she would peck me at every available opportunity. She had the characteristic of having almost all of her tail feathers plucked except for the fuzz and two longest ones. I called her Devil Chicken. Now I wish I could have her back, and I would never do it again. We also lost a chicken named Cubert, but that's another thread. Please comment if you want more..... otherwise I wont waste valuable BYC space.

Last edited:
Oh man....you lost all of those? It was hard enough losing one chicken, I can't imagine losing all those feathered friends! Did it happen all at once or were they picked off one at a time? Ugh....no fun. I am so sorry for your loss!

It's always hard to lose them, especially in such a horrible way.
hugs.gif
We all understand here, so it is good to talk about it and start healing your heart. I have many special memories of favorite chicks that have been lost...................

What a horrible way to lose your pets. If you have photos of your chickens, let's see them!

I am so sorry that you lost your first chickens. I hope you can get a better secured coop and run, and the get some more hens. But it is still good to grieve for the ones you have lost.
hugs.gif

Yes, we did name them after Pride and Prejudice characters!
smile.png
It was actually Sophie's idea. What a smart girl I have
smile.png

We did secure the coop and it is now Chicken Fort Knox. Currently we have a flock of six in there (our roo and his five hens), but our first ladies have a special place in our hearts <3

Back
Top Bottom