Memory Loss and Scary Moment

Quote:
REally??? I am entering peri menopause and I am forgetting things....even my number to my online bank account, my pin number on debit card and even my old horse's four registration number I remember by heart...............brain fart! It has been happening alot lately and it drives me nutty. Also, lack of sleep does it too!

LOL I just asked Kim the same thing...if she was entering peri-menopause because memory loss is one of the signs. I didn't know it until I went through it. UGH! It was horrible!!!!

Laurie

Well I read all the pages..... but what's this thread about? I forgot.

hide.gif

Quote:
I kept noticing this with my mom.
We'd have conversations on the phone, then meet in person a few days later and it was as if she never had the phone convo with me!! One example that I distinctly remember was about a crock pot.
I KNOW we talked about the handle of my crock pot breaking, she told me that there was one with a timer on clearance at WM shortly after Thanksgiving she might get me one for C-mas. Well she didn't. What made it scary was when she came over after Christmas and asked me how I broke my crock pot handle, and I mentioned that I couldn't find the one she talked about at WM and she didn't have a clue what I was talking about!! This all happened in less than 2 week's time.
It happened frequently enough for me to notice! We'd talk one day and she wouldn't remember the next day! I kinda freaked, I mean I thought she was coming down with Alzheimer's or a stroke or somethin terrible!

Then a month or so later she was complaining about menapause.....
kinda makes better sense to hear you guys talking about it.

She may have gotten something to help with it, or maybe just time, because she's been acting more normal again now.

What I hate is I get up, I go to do something, I'm halfway through the house and then I forget what I was going to do. And I stand in the middle of a room feeling like an idiot. My husband will come up behind me and say, "penny?". And I always respond, "I forgot". And he roars laughing!!

Between the memory loss, hot flashes, irritability, and insomnia, believe me I think I'm losing my mind at times. Hubby will say, "problem, darlin'?" And I'll respond, "no just mental pause again....."

Laurie

We have a lock on the gate to our backyard.

Now, I regularly forget the combo.

So unlike me. I remember birth dates of classmates from kindergarden... and I'm almost 52.

Well, I feel better knowing that I am not the only one out there like this...lol.

Y'all dont think it comes from owning chickens do ya?
gig.gif

I looked up my meds and their side effects and they are probably contributing, along with the stress.

So, am going to mention it to the doc next week at my appt just to be sure. In the meantime, I think I will fix up one of those name tage like we put on Kindergardeners with my name, address and phone number....just in case.
*wink*

lau.gif
gig.gif
It would be funny to get name tags and say Hello, I am .......... and your name please? Try that over and over again and you would be doomed to be the dunce of Kindergarten LOL!

I'm glad you all have a sense of humor. I started reading this post with an intense feeling of concern, and now, after laughing so hard, I have to remember what I was gonna say. Oh yeah, "Eat a banana!". Ignoring the fact of taking med's, a lack of glucose could be the cause of a 'senior moment'. When I quit smoking, my glucose levels became very erratic and I would find myself wandering about the answers to simple questions. A banana or a glass of juice would help snap me back out of it.

I'll help ya'll remember your numbers, if ya'll will help keep me from falling ... LOL

I've been so clumbsy this year .. fall about once a month .. duh!

Back
Top Bottom