1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Metzer Farms

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by EmAbTo48, Jul 18, 2011.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Who have actually ordered ducks from this place? I am just curious about it. If you did, were the birds fine when they arrived? Any general info would be nice.
    Thanks!

2. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I got some from them in March and they are great birds. I also just placed an order today.....will be here Wednesday! Great customer service.

3. BallardDuck

BallardDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Ballard in Seattle
    I got my girls from Metzer...went off without a hitch!

4. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I ordered 3 runner girls last August. They arrived in great shape and customer service is wonderful.

5. Oghdoff

Oghdoff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    SE Texas
    I've ordered from them. Birds arrived in good health and have grown wonderfully. Great customer service as well.

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    We ordered khaki campbell, black runners, & 2 goslings from them this year & they all arrived in great shape & very quickly.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  7. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Metzers is awesome. My runners are from Metzers and are beautiful healthy birds. Customer service is wonderful and Mr. Metzer also has a fabulous blog! I think he lurks around BYC too. [​IMG]

8. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    I ordered 3 harlequins, 2 black swedish &1 blue swedish, 2 runners ducklings and 2 pilgrim goslings from Metzers in april. All arrived healthy and happy. They hatched april 4th and was shipped that evening and I received them on april 6th at 7:00 AM. I however lost 1 of the gosling at 8 days old but I am still happy with my purchase. It was to late to order another pilgrim so I ordered 3 toulouse from them and they arrived safe and sound to. They were shipped July 5th evening and I received them on the 7th at 7:10 AM. That is another thing I'm happy about is the short time they spend in shipping. I'm in Tn. and they are in Calfornia. Metzer has wonderful ducks and geese. I don't think you can go wrong by ordering from them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by