Meyer assorted, what breeds?

primaknits

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 11, 2014
I've had my chicks for 3 weeks now and they are starting to feather out a bit. I'm still unsure as to what breeds these ones might be. I ordered from Meyer's brown, white, and rare assorted packs.

^ I am thinking these are a different breed than the one below because of the difference in leg coloring.

^ All 3 of these look pretty much the same to me, the one below could be the same breed as well but it is a lot smaller because it had an injured leg and wouldn't walk on it for 5 days. It's all better now though and slowly catching up. :)

The one above ^ has slightly darker legs than the two below. All 3 of these also have different feather variations so I wasn't sure if they were each a different breed or not.

Any ideas would be great. This is the first time I have ordered from a hatchery and I am not really familiar with all the different breeds out there yet. Thanks!

Can you tell if any have anything besides single combs? Guesses ...First are Ancona, second maybe a Lakenvelder, 3/4 maybe something like a RIR, 5, Partridge Rock? 6, Brown Leghorn?

Can you tell if any have anything besides single combs? Guesses ...First are Ancona, second maybe a Lakenvelder, 3/4 maybe something like a RIR, 5, Partridge Rock? 6, Brown Leghorn?

The last one (picture 6) looks as though it may have a different comb. Everyone else looks to have a single, this one looks like it doesn't even have one as it is very flat so I am assuming it has a different type of comb then?

Back
Top Bottom