Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I'm glad your cochin's leg is looking better, I guess she needed that alone time to recover. Have you tried putting some treats in her food and wetting it? Olivia seems to be eating better today and making less clucking sounds, puffing up, etc. I let her out yesterday morning, but she eventually ran back to the nest in the coop, so she is back in the cage. I am trying 2 days now, one day did not work. I felt so guilty not letting her out with the others this morning. I hope tomorrow morning will work or I may give her a full 3 days to make sure. I'll see how she is I guess in the morning.
Yup, she picks at a little scratch, BOSS and food and drinks a tiny bit but not much. She is walking great now so I let her out of the crate. I think I'm just going to let her be broody and hopefully she snaps out of it soon.
Nancy, to check the space between their pelvic bones you have to hold them under your arm so their head is behind you and their back end is facing forward, then you feel just under their vent until you find two pointy bones sticking out. Those are the pelvic bones. If the space between them is more than two fingers, that means they will lay soon. If it is less than two fingers that means they have a little ways to go yet.
smile.png

Thanks... I was doing it wrong. Didn't have her facing backwards. I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks... I was doing it wrong. Didn't have her facing backwards. I'll try tomorrow.

I found that holding them backwards under you arm makes them hold still more and it makes it easier to find the pelvic bones. :) The first time I tried checking them they were on the roosts facing me. It didn't go so well. :lol:

Yay! I finally got 5 eggs today!!! Daisy my White Rock finally laid an egg!!!

I found 5 brown eggs in the nest box, so for sure she is laying!!! I still have not seen her in the nest box and she still is not squatting for me, she has been getting closer and is super chatty though. So she laid at 22 weeks and 2 days old.

Here are some more pictures of all the chicks and chickens. The big hens are 33 weeks and a couple days old and the chicks are 9 weeks and a couple days old.

Oreo - BR

Lacie - GLW

Splash - Blue Andulasion

Mini - Welsummer

Ginger - Golden Buff

Buffy - BLP

Dottie - CW

Zany - Cuckoo Maran (or it could be Cuckoo, the other one)

Izzie - Light Brown Leghorn (or could be my Wellie again)

Big Mama - BO

Campi- Golden Campine

Sally - SF

Andi - Blue Andulasion

Greta - EE

Olivia - EE - My broody, her 3 days sentence will be up tomorrow morning.

Ash - RIR

Blackie - BA

That's most of the girls. I missed getting a picture of my other EE and my Partridge Rock. I think my EE's are finally starting to change their coloring, it'll be interesting how they look in a few weeks.

Sorry for all the pics.
hide.gif

Yay! I finally got 5 eggs today!!! Daisy my White Rock finally laid an egg!!!

I found 5 brown eggs in the nest box, so for sure she is laying!!! I still have not seen her in the nest box and she still is not squatting for me, she has been getting closer and is super chatty though. So she laid at 22 weeks and 2 days old.

Here are some more pictures of all the chicks and chickens. The big hens are 33 weeks and a couple days old and the chicks are 9 weeks and a couple days old.

Buffy - BLP

Sally - SF

Andi - Blue Andulasion

That's most of the girls. I missed getting a picture of my other EE and my Partridge Rock. I think my EE's are finally starting to change their coloring, it'll be interesting how they look in a few weeks.

Sorry for all the pics.
hide.gif
YAY for Daisy... she's so pretty too!! All your girls are lovely. Love those Polish but I was reading they're not cold hardy so I think I have to cross them off my list since I'm in PA and we get some pretty good cold spells and I would rather not heat my coop. Can't wait to see how your EE's turn out.
Hows the broody breaking going?

I found that holding them backwards under you arm makes them hold still more and it makes it easier to find the pelvic bones.
smile.png
The first time I tried checking them they were on the roosts facing me. It didn't go so well.
lol.png

Finally tried it with my BB and she was about 2 fingers but also did it to my BR who has laid for months and she was a little over 2 fingers so I still don't know! My EE doesn't let me near her so maybe if I can grab her off the roost one day I'll check her.

I finally got my first egg I was feeding and noticed a burrowed spot in one of the nesting boxes so I started feeling around and sure enough there it was I ran to the house to show my wife she was like it's just an egg loL. That was sat since then I've got eight more.

I finally got my first egg I was feeding and noticed a burrowed spot in one of the nesting boxes so I started feeling around and sure enough there it was I ran to the house to show my wife she was like it's just an egg loL. That was sat since then I've got eight more.

I just got back from feeding and got three more eggs today so that's eleven since sat

Back
Top Bottom