Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Guess what arrived today, a month early? The shipping date was scheduled for mid-January.

I got my egg skelter!!!!
wee.gif

So I filled it up with all the eggs we have and took a picture...

sad.png
I need to have a long chat with these hens again. Maybe if I showed them this picture they'd fill it up for me?
hmm.png

Lovely! I was scrolling down expecting that to be the empty pic and then a full one under it. lol! Those hens need a serious talking to! Our cochin stopped laying about 10 days ago. Hoping we at least get an egg here and there from her.

Guess what arrived today, a month early? The shipping date was scheduled for mid-January. I got my egg skelter!!!!:weee So I filled it up with all the eggs we have and took a picture... :( I need to have a long chat with these hens again. Maybe if I showed them this picture they'd fill it up for me? :/
That's so funny!! My girls need a good talking to as well. Right now Annie and Alice (my leghorns) are the only ones laying eggs almost every day. Occasionally I'll get one from Daffodil, and I was getting one almost every day from Sunni. I don't think I'll be seeing any from her for a while. So my egg count has been 1-3 eggs per day. I have 9 hens, but one is too old to lay. So that gives me 8 layers. One is molting, one is in recovery, and the others have no excuses. :lol: On a good note, Sunni ate a few pellets, some celery, and a grape this morning!! :weee She also put up quite the fight when we tube fed her her breakfast this morning. She has always hated being tube fed, even when she was little. The fact that she is interested in eating, and swirling her beak in her favorite water dish just thrills me. I can't believe how much of a fighter she is.

Got 3 eggs today chicken 1duck egg fixed run temporary so they can go out if they want I was surprised the snow stayed on top of chicken wire. Plucky trying to be broody our tournament duck last x she truer she gave up to early so ill wait wile took some of fake eggs out to help that Wat she was on.I don't know if I got 3 or 4 laying possible 4 one was white other day a brown besides the two off white onea

Guess what arrived today, a month early? The shipping date was scheduled for mid-January. I got my egg skelter!!!!:weee So I filled it up with all the eggs we have and took a picture... :( I need to have a long chat with these hens again. Maybe if I showed them this picture they'd fill it up for me? :/
It looks awesome! I got mine at Meyer but they only have cream :/ I still love it though! Here is mine.

Got 3 eggs today chicken 1duck egg fixed run temporary so they can go out if they want I was surprised the snow stayed on top of chicken wire. Plucky trying to be broody our tournament duck last x she truer she gave up to early so ill wait wile took some of fake eggs out to help that Wat she was on.I don't know if I got 3 or 4 laying possible 4 one was white other day a brown besides the two off white onea

Do you know which four are laying? And did you get your ducks from Meyer as well?

It looks awesome! I got mine at Meyer but they only have cream :/ I still love it though! Here is mine.

The egg skelters are really cool. Do you just take eggs from the bottom and then they slide down? I've never had one before. I wouldn't get one either. I have three naughty cats that LOVE to knock eggs off of the counter, so I think I would just be asking for trouble if I got one. :lol:

Sunni's eyesight is back! :celebrate I don't know if her left eye is completely back to normal yet, but she is using it again, and the pupil is reacting to light like it should.

Got my order in, too, although the Dorkings aren't yet available. My order thus far, though, is 2 black copper Marans and 1 Welsummer.

By the way, we called in to Meyer to ask about the Cream Legbars. I guess their flock is young so they don't know how well they're going to lay yet, which is why they haven't put them up on the site yet? Anyway, the price that they gave us was $49 per chick for the Legbars. I'm not sure I'm up to that price, as much as I'd like Legbars in my flock. Guess I'll stick to my Marans, Welly, and Dorking.
smile.png
They did have them in limited quantities and I was fortunate enough to order two hens and a roo on Dec 5. They sold out real quick but have some roos left.

I had placed a small order for myself for the March 24th hatch.

25 st run Broiler
3 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte pullets
3 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte st run
3 Black Australorp pullets

I'm really excited to get those BLRWs, I've been drooling over them for so long. And I have just about every other common brown layer breed Meyer offers so I figured why not get some pretty BAs.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom