Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I have a welsummer chick that I got from the feed store that was doing the same thing Hope was. I named her Bobblehead Marley because she bobs her head around. I was afraid she wasn't going to make it, but it's been two weeks and she's doing okay. She still bobs her head and stumbles around a bit, but she's growing and has no problem eating and drinking. I've been giving her some electrolyte solution so maybe that has helped.

Congrats on your chicks!
So adorable! thanks for sharing! What breeds do you have?

Thanks!

Mystery color Silkies, which look to be white and buff: Jo and Susan
Easter Eggers (these guys are huge!): Peri, Mel and Liz
Buff Brahma Bantam: Astrid
Black Copper Marans: Nyssa
Black Australorp: Tegan
Silver Laced Polish: Dodo

No pasty butt in the batch, and the Polish is especially energetic, though they are all feisty.

I have a welsummer chick that I got from the feed store that was doing the same thing Hope was. I named her Bobblehead Marley because she bobs her head around. I was afraid she wasn't going to make it, but it's been two weeks and she's doing okay. She still bobs her head and stumbles around a bit, but she's growing and has no problem eating and drinking. I've been giving her some electrolyte solution so maybe that has helped.

We've tried everything with this little one, and I don't think she's going to make it. She hasn't moved in almost an hour and she is breathing really heavy. Her heart rate is around double what it should be as well. She is laying on my lap in a heated towel right now. She hasn't made any movements or sounds in a while. She won't even open her eyes. I'm afraid my little Hope is nearing the end of her life... I'm trying to make her as comfortable as I can.

Well, Hope didn't make it through the night. She seems to have passed peacefully in her sleep. She just wasn't strong enough to pull through whatever it was she had.. :(

The other 9 are doing great. They are still racing around their brooder like crazy. Last night before I went to bed they were all sleeping side by side under the heat lamp.

I'm really thankful that I at least got 9 healthy chicks. I know sometimes these things happen when ordering chicks.

Well, Hope didn't make it through the night. She seems to have passed peacefully in her sleep. She just wasn't strong enough to pull through whatever it was she had..
sad.png
I am so sorry Hope didn't make it - I was cheering her on over here.
hit.gif

Well, Hope didn't make it through the night. She seems to have passed peacefully in her sleep. She just wasn't strong enough to pull through whatever it was she had..
sad.png

The other 9 are doing great. They are still racing around their brooder like crazy. Last night before I went to bed they were all sleeping side by side under the heat lamp.

I'm really thankful that I at least got 9 healthy chicks. I know sometimes these things happen when ordering chicks.
Sorry she passed.

Back
Top Bottom