Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@NotableNancy Can you send me pics of your two dogs? I was trying to explain to my husband the types of dogs that you have.

Oh, forgot to ask all of you.

I will be hosting 2 baby showers, any ideas for games etc.?
I like these two:

Dolly Hot Potato

All you need is a baby doll (or any other baby-themed item) and a timer. Have the guests sit in a circle and pass the doll from one person to another. The timer should go off at sporadic intervals; when it does, whoever's holding the doll is out. The last person in the game wins a small prize.
Not really a game but cute....

Guest Graffiti

Buy a hooded bath towel in white or another light color, plus nontoxic fabric paint or markers. As each guest arrives, ask her to sign her name on the towel. Encourage guests to write personal messages or draw little pictures. The mom-to-be will take the "graffiti"-covered item home for her new baby.

@NanaLynn Surgery went well minus me being loopy in recovery. When they mentioned my BF, I told them he was in the Laundry room, lol. Slept a lot yesterday, just trying to rest. Did go out with BF this am for chicken duty and glad to report the gang is using their feeders just fine. He was very happy at how easy chicken chores are now. Like the name change, no doubt it was due to the grand babies.
Glad it went well... hoping your recovery is quick!!

@NotableNancy Can you send me pics of your two dogs? I was trying to explain to my husband the types of dogs that you have.

Marrock my 11 yr. old Corgi:

And Ripley the Mini Australian Shepherd:

both...

Oh, forgot to ask all of you.

I will be hosting 2 baby showers, any ideas for games etc.?

Love the name change, Nana!

I just went to a fun shower. The theme was "Baby, it's cold outside" and the decorations were snowflakes and lots of blue and silver. It's a boy, so, that went well. On each table was a small box wrapped in blue metallic paper and had a stuffed polar bear, snow owl or penguin on it. It was very pretty. Cute without being too cutesy. They had a bunch of small white bibs and fabric markers and asked everyone to decorate a bib, even if you just wanted to sign your name. One thing that they didn't do that I would have liked is for them to hang the finished bibs on a string with clothes pins for all to see because there were some really cute and funny ones. And, that would have added to the decorations.

We played guess the diameter of the mom's belly. They walked around with a big yellow tape measure that looks like caution tape and a scissor. We guessed on the size by making a loop in the air and then cutting the tape off the roll. We held on to our tape. Later the mom measured her belly and cut the tape to size and the friend brought it around to compare. The one closest in size won a prize. Of course, if the mom is at all self-conscious about her weight or size, that game would not be fun for her.

They also gave us blank bingo cards with a FREE space in the middle. We had to fill in the blanks with things we thought that the mom would receive as gifts and then used Hershey kisses to mark off the gifts on our cards as they were opened. They had 3 winners: first row in any direction, an X and the whole sheet. No one filled the whole sheet though. I really liked that game because it got people at my table talking and made us pay attention to the gifts being opened. The mom had soooo many gifts to open. It made the process seem to go quicker for us.

They also had these cocoa bears as a thank you gift for each guest. Very cute and delicious!

How is everyone doing with the snow? My girls don't mind subzero temps but they are afraid of the white stuff! Lol I have had to shovel portions of their run and put down hay. I even had to sweep off their ramp, otherwise, they would not come out of the coop. Even for treats! Anyone else experiencing that?

Back
Top Bottom