Meyer hatchery Cookies and Cream chickens

AinaWGSD

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Sullivan, IL
When we placed our order the cookies and cream chicks were not available for our hatch date. Browsing the website this morning, they are now available for the hatch date we chose!

I'm really excited to be able to get one after all! They were the 14yo's first pick plus I'm always a fan of polydactyly. So what I'm wondering is what others' experiences with them are. Reading the reviews there were several about chicks and even young pullets on the verge of laying passing unexpectedly which has me a little concerned. Otherwise they sound perfect for what we are looking for (friendly, not too flighty, cool looking)

I hadn't even heard of these until I saw your post. I immediately went to the Meyer website and, wow, those are beautiful chickens! I am also a fan of five-toed birds (I have a couple of Salmon Faverolles). That's weird about the unexpected deaths. ☹️

Best wishes with your chicks -- I'd love to see photos as they grow up!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing them all grown up too. We're also getting a cream legbar and an olive egger, so I'm hoping for 3/6 to have some sort of funky head feathering.

When we placed our order the cookies and cream chicks were not available for our hatch date. Browsing the website this morning, they are now available for the hatch date we chose!

I'm really excited to be able to get one after all! They were the 14yo's first pick plus I'm always a fan of polydactyly. So what I'm wondering is what others' experiences with them are. Reading the reviews there were several about chicks and even young pullets on the verge of laying passing unexpectedly which has me a little concerned. Otherwise they sound perfect for what we are looking for (friendly, not too flighty, cool looking)
I really love my two cookies and cream. They are about 15 weeks now and they are very calm when I pick them up and really seem to be bonded with each other. They will cry if can’t see one an other even for one minute. One’s crest got very large and she couldn’t see well so I picked her up and she let me trim it. I would definitely buy more if I didn’t have enough chickens already.

Back
Top Bottom