Jun 24, 2017
IMG_3055.JPG
IMG_3066.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG
IMG_3082.JPG
IMG_3066.JPG
IMG_3091.JPG
Does anybody have any ideas what breeds of chicks these could be? My order consisted of 5 barred rock pullets, 5 New Hampshire pullets, 15 straight run of the adoption special, and a meal maker. I ordered 26 chicks, and 26 came. I was DOA and it's looking like a few more aren't going to make it. Any help identifying what breeds these little guys are would be amazing! Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 3
I see an Easter Egger or two. Some bantams, do the smallest chicks have feathered feet?
I see an Easter Egger or two. Some bantams, do the smallest chicks have feathered feet?
Ya, a bunch have feathered feet. The grey one does, one of the black and white ones does. I believe there may be an Ancona in there, some Easter eggers, maybe some white leghorns? I'm trying to figure out what the lightest yellow ones are? The yellow/orange ones must be the New Hampshire's? I got 5 barred rocks, and 5 New Hampshire's and there's another 5 of those yellow ones. There's one polish as well.

The grey one is probably a d'Uccle, either Blue Mille Fleur or Self Blue but with the color on its head I'll guess Blue Mille Fleur. The black and white feather footed one is probably a Mottled Cochin. The orange/reddish ones are New Hampshires. White ones could be Leghorn, White Rock or Delaware, do they have any black tips at the end of the wings? If not then probably Leghorn or White Rock.

Is the black and white one you mentioned with feathered feet the one picture that is attached? If so, it's mottled Cochin if not then it is the Ancona you mentioned, which I assume it is because there seems to be only one chick that is that color. Or it can be a Mottled Java. If it is not the feather footed chick then the feather footed one might be an all black Cochin.

The grey one is probably a d'Uccle, either Blue Mille Fleur or Self Blue but with the color on its head I'll guess Blue Mille Fleur. The black and white feather footed one is probably a Mottled Cochin. The orange/reddish ones are New Hampshires. White ones could be Leghorn, White Rock or Delaware, do they have any black tips at the end of the wings? If not then probably Leghorn or White Rock.
No black tips on the wings yet. I hope they're delewares! Mottled Cochin cool! I hope so :)

Is the black and white one you mentioned with feathered feet the one picture that is attached? If so, it's mottled Cochin if not then it is the Ancona you mentioned, which I assume it is because there seems to be only one chick that is that color. Or it can be a Mottled Java. If it is not the feather footed chick then the feather footed one might be an all black Cochin.
Ya there's one black and white with feathered feet, and another almost exactly the same without feathers on the feet, I'll try to take individual pictures of both those ones :) mottled java I'll have to see what those look like. Cool! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom