Meyer Olive Egger?

Yep. The only reason I wanted to pay the $9 was because I wanted a olive egger when they started laying. I also bought Welsummers to breed with my EE roo. I'm hoping I'll get an OE out of them.

Meyer is using Legbars and Ameraucana crossed with Marans in their breeding program. So you might not be looking for a chick with puffy cheeks. Look and see if any of the chicks have fuzzy legs and outer toes. Not all olive eggers will inherit the feathered legs from the Marans. My olive egger has very feathered legs though. Hope that might help! Good luck

If you don't mind me asking what did your oe chick from Meyer look like? Here is one of mine all 3 of mine have feathered legs and look about the same

If a dark olive Olive Egger was made by crossing a light olive Olive Egger crossed with a dark brown egg layer like a Black Copper Marans wouldn't it narrow it down a bit by making the darkest EE possibly an Olive Egger? Just narrows it down a teeny bit but no guarantees?

With the Olive Egger, are the eggs an olive green color? I have some Ameraucanas that produce a more green egg than blue once in a while. Also is there some sort of supplement that can be fed to them to help enhance the color?

Here are my girls ordered from Meyers. The brown ones are the easter eggers and the light gray are the olive eggers. Hope this helps. They are 2 days old in this picture.

Back
Top Bottom