Meyer Olive Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JFreeman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JFreeman

JFreeman Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep. The only reason I wanted to pay the $9 was because I wanted a olive egger when they started laying. I also bought Welsummers to breed with my EE roo. I'm hoping I'll get an OE out of them.

2. chickadee5002

chickadee5002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2013
    Perrysville, OH

If you don't mind me asking what did your oe chick from Meyer look like? Here is one of mine all 3 of mine have feathered legs and look about the same

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. maggiemo

maggiemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Front Range Colorado
    I just got my order from Meyer's and I (stupidly) got olive egger and a marans mix. I have no idea who is who. Anyother pictures?

4. JFreeman

JFreeman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sadly, I do not. A possum dug under my coop and took her. I am so upset over the matter, I just can't think straight. But good luck. :)

5. KieksterChicken

KieksterChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    Florida
    If a dark olive Olive Egger was made by crossing a light olive Olive Egger crossed with a dark brown egg layer like a Black Copper Marans wouldn't it narrow it down a bit by making the darkest EE possibly an Olive Egger? Just narrows it down a teeny bit but no guarantees?

6. FaerieChicken

FaerieChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2013
    Central Coast California
    With the Olive Egger, are the eggs an olive green color? I have some Ameraucanas that produce a more green egg than blue once in a while. Also is there some sort of supplement that can be fed to them to help enhance the color?

7. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Oh, I'm so sorry!

8. Savcluckers

Savcluckers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I'm sure you figured it out but the brown ones are easter and the gray/black ones are olive. Hope you are loving yours as much as I love mine!!

9. Savcluckers

Savcluckers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Here are my girls ordered from Meyers. The brown ones are the easter eggers and the light gray are the olive eggers. Hope this helps. They are 2 days old in this picture.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KieksterChicken

KieksterChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    Florida
    Just wanted to throw in there that Olive Eggers are actually Easter Eggers.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by