Meyer's Steel egger, Hen, and egg

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I ordered a Steel egger from Meyer's in July "Stella"...I love her feather color,
lesa.PNG

She laid her first egg. (At least I think it was hers, she was sitting on a nest and when she left, there were 3 eggs.) I think hers was this small blue egg one that was more pointy. I didn't recognize it.
09b.PNG

The egg they show in the catalog was more turquoise. But if they are EE breeds, they will have different colors. I am sure it is luck of the draw. I have a few blue egg layers. Different breeds of chickens. I am glad I bought this chick, I don't know if I would order more, because of the egg color.
I recently got an 8 month old rooster. I don't think he has been mounting hens though, he is shy.
Below is the opened egg from above.
09c.PNG

Do you have Steel eggers? What do your eggs look like? What do you think of my egg color? Would you still buy steel egger? What about the yolk?

Thanks for the info. I ordered 2 Steel Eggers from Meyer's for this Spring. Stella is pretty (good name BTW). You are right, the egg color could be so different since they come from different breeds. Any greenish or bluish tone will make me 😊 happy

Back
Top Bottom