MGG's Hatching Thread!

Pics
Just candled the eggs at my house. What did all of yours look like on day 14? Mine is alive, but I don't know what to think of what she looks like. Not wrong, but... well, I never got a good example from Dawnwing when she was an egg. Also, is day 18 really hatch day? I was sure it was 21...
I believe day 18 is lockdown, and day 21 is average hatch day. Could totally be wrong though, as I’ve never hatched eggs.

Thank you. Does anyone know what the chick should look like on day fourteen?
I wish I could help, but I honestly don’t know. I’m not sure where your from, but most people (in the US) have logged off for the night. Maybe try again in the morning? I’m about to head to bed, goodnight!

I have incubated once a few days ago, here is a picture from my first time ever candling day 14
2924A794-4B9A-4A3A-B155-E98BD0433D86.jpeg
2E97F543-0AAC-40C0-B0FD-0D133F58BAB8.jpeg

Just candled the eggs at my house. What did all of yours look like on day 14? Mine is alive, but I don't know what to think of what she looks like. Not wrong, but... well, I never got a good example from Dawnwing when she was an egg. Also, is day 18 really hatch day? I was sure it was 21...
Day 18 is lockdown, day 21 is hatch day. Do you have candling pics of it? I do have pics somewhere but I'm not home atm. Chickenwingwing posted a good link to look at.
I can post pics when I get home!

Day 18 is hatch day for quail, and lockdown date for chickens

Day 21 is hatch day for chickens

Back
Top Bottom