MGG's Hatching Thread!

Aww, so cute!
I don't know what gender he is. I checked Marshmallow's chicks when they hatched, and the wing feather pattern (staggered rows for females, even rows for males, I believe it was) pointed to both being girls, and that's how they ended up, so you might try that method for the heck of it.
Hm, ok! She did say that the males would be barred, but there aren't any feathers yet so I might have to wait. She said the females should be a solid color. I am anxiously waiting for this last Pene mix to fluff up so I can see if it has a head spot, lol.

@MGG @CluckNDoodle I have a quick question. Somehow this egg got a hole overnight so I want to seal it. Should I seal it with candle wax or nail polish? This egg is on day 5-7.
1620749179339.png

Any idea how it got the hole?
I would use nail polish. Natural nail polish, if you have any. Did the hole go through the membrane, or just shell?
I, honestly, have no idea how it got there (it happened overnight). The hole is all the way through so I can see the egg white and the yolk. I'll see what type of nail polish my mom has.

Back
Top Bottom