Mice! One just ran out from behind the PC!

GD91

Songster
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
UK
OMG, sitting here looking at the PC screen & a mouse just ran out across the unit & sat & looked at me! DH saw it to! Then it ran across the unit & disappeared through an old thermostat. They must be everywhere, we have seen 5 now in the past 3 days & the cat left one on the kitchen floor half alive 2 days ago.

What do I do? They are bothering the chickens, the rabbits & now me in my house. The cat is getting overweight eating them & we don't even feed him! Help!

Sounds you have a real problem. I generally set about 4-5 traps once it starts getting cold because they are trying to stay warm by coming in. De-con is good but you don't want him sick and your cat catches him and eats him, but I would certainly put it n the chicken house in a blocked off corner so the chickens can't get to it... U can also use glue traps n the house. Again, away from the cat.

LMAO, your not going to believe this, It came out & sat on the keyboard which was on the sofa next to my DH just now . Its a house mouse & a boy. The others in the garden are field mice. We've set up a wreath from xmas against an old fish tank & left a food scent trail upto it & into the tank.

It was so tame & cheeky we just had to laugh at it, It just looks at you. Never had a mouse come out like that before. Its adorable like a pet mouse.... even if it is disease ridden
sickbyc.gif

The cats just sleeping in the other room, useless beggar
roll.png

Last edited:
I hate mice......I mean really hate them....I don't do the whole jump on a chair thing but I really really hate mice....We have had a few here and there in the house, hubby is always Johnny on the spot to make sure they die very very quickly... We keep loaded traps in both the rabbit enclosure and where the hens are... never fails, we will go months without trapping them and then all of a sudden get ten... I really hate mice....
sickbyc.gif

If there is a lot of mice set traps either kill or non-kill ones. If that is the only one you could either leave it or get a humane trap, catch it, and put it outside.

I think its just the one that's found its way in... just checked in all the nooks & crannies & there's no droppings or anything around the home.

Typical, I set up a trap & the buggers disappeared.
roll.png

Just been doing some research on house mice & found they make good pets, just aren't the variety you handle (like chipmunks).

I'm thinking about just putting him in the tank & moving the tank in the shed until we can get a much bigger one (apparently they need a lot of space & I can get one for free) & just letting him be. He can't do any damage if he's in a tank outside.

We've had wild mice before (I've got a soft spot for the critters,but I understand why others don't) & although they never are true pets, they do have good enough lives in a large space with plenty of enrichment to let out their "wild side".
You treat them for parasites etc & they become like tame mice (but can never be handled).

I never bother handling rodents anyway, I like to just watch them, so he'll have a peaceful life & if we catch another he can have a mate. I can always find a use for mice (feeding the cat or selling as snake food).

Last edited:
Its on. Last night he came out about 2 - 3AM. I'm going to stay up all night to try & catch the little devil.

I hope it is just the one, apparently the males sing to attract females
th.gif
If there's a pregnant female then the trapping will have to get serious.

We've got that hidden kingdoms program on here, its on tonight on BBC 1, does anyone watch it?

Back
Top Bottom