Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    Tap sorry about your roo could it possibly be leg mites?

2. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    My Flemish Giant and mixed New Zealand/Californian/Flemish Giants are now for sale. I've got 5 FG's and 6 mixed that are not spoken for as of today. If you want one call me for directions, or we could meet up. I'm in Muskegon but I make fishing trips up north all the time. All the bunnies are hand-held and very friendly. Other than that I'm working my butt off with all this farming stuff. So call me 231-828-5609 or email at [email protected]

3. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Sent you an email.

4. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    were you going to hold a male for me til CS?

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  5. gladahmae

gladahmae Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Benzie, MI
    Well the broody count is now up to two. [​IMG] This does NOT help me wanting to hatch a gazillion more eggs/breeds! Shoot! At this point I'd even hatch more of my mutt eggs just to be able to hatch more chicks! At this point, unless I set more eggs, my options are 1...move eggs from the incubator (due to hatch middle of next week) under the broodys. 2....get chicks from BIL that are hatching today and put them under the hens tonight 3.....order eggs/breeds that I want and put THOSE under the girls or 4....put more mutt eggs under them. With options 3 and 4 we'll not have enough coop space come winter for sure unless we build ANOTHER shed and convert the rest of the existing one into a second coop area. DH is already making noises needing a building for the kids' bikes, the lawn mower, chainsaws, and all the garden tools, so MAYBE I should just order eggs before he can get home and talk some sense into me! [​IMG]

In other news, I got all of my tomatoes and peppers planted today, along with 4 rows of green beans seeded. Last night I planted my sunflower patch. Hopefully my squash and cucumber seeds sprout soon, and I can get those out into the garden as well. Need to get my fence line cleaned up, and some newspaper down over the grass there and get my cosmos seeded still. Have to take advantage of all these warm moist days to make my growing-things-adventure a little easier!

6. uchytil

Apr 28, 2011
    Of course silly!

7. uchytil

Apr 28, 2011
    Today it got nice and I barely did anything. I had a molar pulled yesterday and I have about zero interest in anything. I have to clear some brush, cut down some clump maples, one huge oak, and 3 large cherries to make way for a new 30 x 48 gambrel barn. BTW, does anyone have, or know of a Toggenburg buck for breeding my does near the Muskegon area?

8. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    Woohoo! I finally have internet again! Been down the past week and I've been going crazy without my BYC and MI thread. Got back just in time to see I won the "Guess when 200,000 members" contest, so that is cool! I don't have any BYC t-shirts so I think there will be one on the way soon. [​IMG]

9. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
  10. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    I have no comment at all for this photo...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by