Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    Maybe you can keep silkies and say they are baby alpacas? Or are those not allowed either...
  2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Wow Sarah, I can't believe how pretty he turned out. However saying that... Pat has him beat on foot feathering... I had to trim them cuz they were getting so tangled with his chest feathers. Lol. Not kidding, you shoulda seen the poor guy, face planting big time. Trimmed his feet, and WOW! He was sure happy.
  3. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Here are more goat kid pictures.

Enjoy! :D

The neighbor said that I can keep the female kids for my Buck's services to her does. Yay! I need more goats to clear the brush. I only have two goats right now, a buckling and a doeling, so, I will have 4 goats total. :D

The female I will keep, she is very light tan in color, so the name Peach seems to stick to her. I love her ears!

The 2nd doe, Nugget. She had twin kids last week. She is a Lamancha goat, a earless type. I think the earless type are cool!

The one in the front is the female, and I will be keeping her too. My girlfriend named her Buttercup. I think that is a great name for her, as she is buttery in color.

I will take pictures of my own goats tomorrow.
  4. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Definitely NOT pigeons.
    There was a 80 year old man in court a few weeks ago who was fined for feeding the pigeons.
  5. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
  6. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Of course he was . . . and he's probably awaiting his criminal trial!!!
  7. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    I like this one. She looks Sassy.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Daron, I never knew there were 'earless' goats - almost gives the face a Chihuahua look. How are your emu's doing??
  9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    [​IMG]It seems that the rain is out of here for a while so this morning will be the ideal time to finish the planting. This afternoon is going to be hot and humid. Not weather conducive to this old man doing much but great for the new plants.

Just saw a news report on the aftermath of the storm that tore through Atlas township and my heart goes out to those so devastated. Saw one interview with some folks who had live in Kansas for years before moving to Michigan. They had lived in tornado alley without any ill affect, moved here only to see a tornado destroy their home.

I consider myself to be a reasonably happy person but I can't figure out how those newscasters can smile so big the entire time they are talking. Seems like it would make your jaws hurt. Plus smiling while talking about someone's tragedy just seems inappropriate.
  10. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    don't know were you get all your energy!, maybe I need to start drinking coffee,
    the boat cab sounds real nice[​IMG]
    thees are canaries right?? the only bird allowed in Garden City,

congrats on getting the fines paid off, it does not surprise me that they found another fee to slap on you, don't know how they sleep nights

[​IMG] those people are sick!!
    I need to get all the plants on my porch into the ground,
    it is lovely out,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by