Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    The rabbits are not an issue at all. We can still have them here.

2. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Been a few days since i posted : welcome to new members (kathi48836 - we're practically neighbors)
    Farmerboy - congrats on new baby in the family - we attended our 3 month old grandaughters baptism yesterday - she is so adorable!
    So sorry to hear about the govt intervention on preventing some to have/keep a few chickens to raise - guess were blessed that we are allowed (unless they decide to change their mind someday)

Got some garden tilling done - nothing planted yet (unless you count weeds + rocks)
    Mods on the plastic shed chicken coop - 2nd window added & roost pole - thinking i might need to add a 3rd window when time & $$$ permit. also havent added nest boxes yet - should have a few months yet before we'll need to.
    Raz - we'd also be interested in hearing a speech at chickenstock, but we might not get there til late tho after the parade in town on same day.

3. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Has anyone heard from Jamie (babybigirl) lately? I'm wondering if she had her babies and how everyone is doing. :)

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I was wondering the same thing myself. Also has anyone heard from Mom2emAll?

5. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I have a question on Chickenstock... I don't have a ton of people signed up on the attendance thread, but I believe many people posted in SillyChicken's "planning ahead" thread that they would likely come. Andthere are people who signed up in Raz's and Theron's threads that they are bringing things, but are not on my list Do you all think it is ok if I add them to the attendance thread based on those posts?
    :)
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  6. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    My apple trees are too big to spray but produce good crop. I may spray my new pears as one has it's first fruit this year. My tart cherries are loaded. I don't spray them either. My dad uses a fruit oil on his trees but, again, I've resisted.

I did talk to Mom2emall not too long ago about a bunny I sold her at CS last year. There are a ton of others missing in action though. My list is too long to post - just people I've met since I joined in, oh, whenever it was? Like fifelakelooper, swampducks, momma k, misch, rbahmer, olive, and some more?

7. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Laura, you and Bryan are not too far from me? Sorry to hear about the fruit trees. The twin lake area was not touched.

8. RIRJen

RIRJen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Looks great! We got our garden in last week and have new sprouts popping up all over :) Can't wait to be able to grocery shop in my yard again [​IMG]

2 yrs ago we had more apples then we knew what to do with...last year, maybe 5 apples total on 3 huge trees. This years the trees are LOADED with developing apples! Yayee for apple pie, apple cider and just plain ol' apples!
    Which is a good thing seeing as I've got 3 hanging out in my garage lol

9. Mish

Mish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Macomb, MI

If you mean me (misch=mish?) I'm still lurking around. I went chickenless over the winter. Now I'm raising bobwhites for release. And couldn't resist 4 chicks and 2 guineas from Family Farm a couple weeks ago. And picked up some broody Silkies that decided to unbroody themselves - so are now for sale. :rolleyes: hoping to find homes for them at chickenstock or before. All show quality hens - 2 white, one buff and I believe an already presold partridge. $15 each or the 3 for $36. Don't really want to haul birds unless I know I won't be returning home with them.

I hope rbahmer is still around, I really enjoyed visiting her last year.

I look forward to seeing all the familiar faces and new ones in just a couple more weeks. I guess I should add myself to the attendance list.

10. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    That's really good news!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by