Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. naglady

naglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    Caught me a Raccoon last night, hopefully I dont have to deal with a predator again. but we all know thats a risk you have with farm animals.. I am glad i caught it, and will be leaving the traps out a couple more days. its a young one..
  2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    LOVES.......... nice job!
  3. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm sure I asked before, but what do you spray on your trees?
  4. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    Yes she is....sorta. Last I knew she was still planning on attending. You could always PM her.
  5. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    [quote name="Mish" url="/t/697050/michigan-thread-all-are-... Don't really want to haul birds unless I know I won't be returning home with them.
    ...I should add myself to the attendance list....[/quote]

No kidding about hauling birds around!

It is looking like I will be able to come, as long as nothing unforseeable pops up. I can bring homemade bread for sandwiches and egg salad, a jello desert ...Or if something else is needed/wanted, other than RaZ's lobster :) (not that I wouldn't love lobster!)... Just let me know.
  6. RTFchickens

RTFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    I am sorry for the stupid question, but what is chicken stock and where is it?
    I am about 6 weeks into chicken owning :)
    I live in Michigan. Part time in GR area and part time "up north" in Baldwin area near PM river.
    The BYC group has had the best info and greatest people I have come across!
  7. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    The only stupid question, is the one that's not asked......

Michigan Chickenstock 2013
    June 22nd, 10am-3pm

Delta Mills Park

6841 Old River Trail
 * Lansing, MI 48917

It's when all us crazy chicken people on here........ gather in one spot.......... and have a good time! Kinda like a family reunion....... and I believe it gets bigger every year. It's free to attend, though we do ask for a donation to help pay for the pavilion rental and some of the food cost for meat. And a dish to pass if you plan on eating some great food with the rest of us. There are links that I will add shortly.
    1 person likes this.
  8. SillyChicken

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote: bring em....... much harder to resist when people see them in person.... (there is one lady that shows up that will take anything/everything if she can get on the cheap, though I speculate that they'll end up dinner).
  9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    I got my garden planted!! [​IMG] Not an easy job since I had to wait until our new puppy finally took a nap! Having lots of fun with Otis.

Have a mystery.. found a huge puddle of blood in my garage. Some under the camper and a few drops here and there, front and back yard. No bodies of any kind. Ran around looking for all my chickens and found no one injured, or dead. Had to be dead with all that blood. Waited until everyone was roosted and saw no one missing or injured. Everyone alive this morning. So.... where did all that blood come from?? Looked around for an injured animal or dead one, but can't find one. It's just creepy. Garage door was open, so anything could have come in. Just creepy. Both my cats are safe, too. Bunnies are ok. Hmmmm...just creepy.
  10. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Rent? I counter-offer with live-in care taker. Just a room big enough for me and the dogs and cats. Of course, I'd need a separate pole barn for my stuff. [​IMG]

MAEAP is currently a voluntary certification now, but with a governor mandate of 5000 farms by 2014 it could become something else entirely down the road. In any case it is a set of good sound practices for protecting our environment. That is a big reason that I am working for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by