Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Guess what? I got another July 31, 2013.

Thank you.
UNBELIEVABLE Quote:
Garden City. City motto (proposed): "We never met a dead horse we didn't feel compelled to continue to beat."

I imagine your O.O. has a regular pop up reminder on his calendar that says, "Harass R.Z."
yuckyuck.gif

Any advice is appreciated.
EM
if you can lock her in a dog cage with her eggs in the coop she is in for a few days, then move the whole cage and hen to a new area, ( night always works best) I have had great success with this. seems they awake in the same dog cage still on her eggs and she is happy
x2 every one stay safe and have a great day

a little momma and chick advice needed,
I have 2 momma hens with chicks in different locations, I would like to put them in the same area, (convenience for sitter) the chicks are about 4 weeks old, any one done this with out harm to baby's?

RaZ, from looking back in the thread, didn't you rehome the last of your birds at/around Chicken Stock over a week ago? This is dated 1 week and 4 days ago.
After all the fun of yesterday at MICS-13, I am rather bored today.
It is way too quiet here without any birds. Even the dogs seem sad.

Snowflake... If you can staple chicken wire up, to keep them separate... I have had mama's fight through the chicken wire because they were too close though. I usually put up a cardboard divider so they're not seeing each other. My most viscious momma for sure was Sheh-Sheh... She would attack everything and anything that got near her babies. This does include going for my face. She was a great mom. LOL

Anyway, if you have to put them together in the same space, try and rig it so they aren't MIXING.

I live in Michigan, I am starting to breed Russian chickens as well as a few other unique looking birds. I want to get into russian breeding seriously. I love any kind of unique looking bird especially Russian breeds.
big_smile.png

I'm wondering if any one in Michigan is into the same chicken breeds I am??

I currently have a new flock of Russian Orloffs, and will be getting some pairs of Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Black Sumatra. Also getting some Polish bantam for ornamental. I would like to get BLR Wyandottes, and 2 or 3 Sillican buttercup just for fun.

I had a nice white silkie bantam hen but she sadly died recently so I'm looking to replace her. (she was a pet along with my Mille Fleur d'Uccele bantam hen. Both were killed by a neighbors dog this week.
hit.gif
)

I'm also currently trying very hard to get my hands on the breeds Russian Crested and Pavlovskaja so if any one knows where to find them PM me please as I'm having a hard time finding them in the USA. I'm willing to look into international shipping.

So That's my news from Northwest Michigan!
frow.gif
Feel free to PM me if your into the same birds or are also in Michigan. Id love to hear what others have to say! :)

I live in Michigan, I am starting to breed Russian chickens as well as a few other unique looking birds. I want to get into russian breeding seriously. I love any kind of unique looking bird especially Russian breeds.
big_smile.png

I'm wondering if any one in Michigan is into the same chicken breeds I am??

I currently have a new flock of Russian Orloffs, and will be getting some pairs of Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Black Sumatra. Also getting some Polish bantam for ornamental. I would like to get BLR Wyandottes, and 2 or 3 Sillican buttercup just for fun.

I had a nice white silkie bantam hen but she sadly died recently so I'm looking to replace her. (she was a pet along with my Mille Fleur d'Uccele bantam hen. Both were killed by a neighbors dog this week.
hit.gif
) I'm also currently trying very hard to get my hands on the breeds Russian Crested and Pavlovskaja so if any one knows where to find them PM me please as I'm having a hard time finding them in the USA. I'm willing to look into international shipping. So That's my news from Northwest Michigan!
frow.gif
Feel free to PM me if your into the same birds or are also in Michigan. Id love to hear what others have to say! :)
Hi! Sorry about your babies :(. On another note you will love blr wyondottes! Mine are the goofiest chickens I have. And they have what I refer to as "the wyondotte waddle". Good luck with the Russian breeding!

Hi! Sorry about your babies
sad.png
. On another note you will love blr wyondottes! Mine are the goofiest chickens I have. And they have what I refer to as "the wyondotte waddle". Good luck with the Russian breeding!
Thanks
Where did you get your BLR Wyandottes from? I notice your in West Michigan, do you breed them? If so I'd be interested in buying some.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom