Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

snowflake

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 21, 2009
Belding Michigan
a little momma and chick advice needed,
I have 2 momma hens with chicks in different locations, I would like to put them in the same area, (convenience for sitter) the chicks are about 4 weeks old, any one done this with out harm to baby's?

Ferrret

Songster
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Michigan
RaZ, from looking back in the thread, didn't you rehome the last of your birds at/around Chicken Stock over a week ago? This is dated 1 week and 4 days ago.
After all the fun of yesterday at MICS-13, I am rather bored today.
It is way too quiet here without any birds. Even the dogs seem sad.

NovaAman

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
In Happy Chickenland, Holland MI
My Coop
My Coop
Snowflake... If you can staple chicken wire up, to keep them separate... I have had mama's fight through the chicken wire because they were too close though. I usually put up a cardboard divider so they're not seeing each other. My most viscious momma for sure was Sheh-Sheh... She would attack everything and anything that got near her babies. This does include going for my face. She was a great mom. LOL

Anyway, if you have to put them together in the same space, try and rig it so they aren't MIXING.

RussianChickens

Songster
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Michigan (USA)
I live in Michigan, I am starting to breed Russian chickens as well as a few other unique looking birds. I want to get into russian breeding seriously. I love any kind of unique looking bird especially Russian breeds.

I'm wondering if any one in Michigan is into the same chicken breeds I am??

I currently have a new flock of Russian Orloffs, and will be getting some pairs of Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Black Sumatra. Also getting some Polish bantam for ornamental. I would like to get BLR Wyandottes, and 2 or 3 Sillican buttercup just for fun.

I had a nice white silkie bantam hen but she sadly died recently so I'm looking to replace her. (she was a pet along with my Mille Fleur d'Uccele bantam hen. Both were killed by a neighbors dog this week.
)

I'm also currently trying very hard to get my hands on the breeds Russian Crested and Pavlovskaja so if any one knows where to find them PM me please as I'm having a hard time finding them in the USA. I'm willing to look into international shipping.

So That's my news from Northwest Michigan!
Feel free to PM me if your into the same birds or are also in Michigan. Id love to hear what others have to say! :)

Lisa and girls

Songster
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
West Michigan
I live in Michigan, I am starting to breed Russian chickens as well as a few other unique looking birds. I want to get into russian breeding seriously. I love any kind of unique looking bird especially Russian breeds.

I'm wondering if any one in Michigan is into the same chicken breeds I am??

I currently have a new flock of Russian Orloffs, and will be getting some pairs of Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and Black Sumatra. Also getting some Polish bantam for ornamental. I would like to get BLR Wyandottes, and 2 or 3 Sillican buttercup just for fun.

I had a nice white silkie bantam hen but she sadly died recently so I'm looking to replace her. (she was a pet along with my Mille Fleur d'Uccele bantam hen. Both were killed by a neighbors dog this week.
) I'm also currently trying very hard to get my hands on the breeds Russian Crested and Pavlovskaja so if any one knows where to find them PM me please as I'm having a hard time finding them in the USA. I'm willing to look into international shipping. So That's my news from Northwest Michigan!
Feel free to PM me if your into the same birds or are also in Michigan. Id love to hear what others have to say! :)
Hi! Sorry about your babies :(. On another note you will love blr wyondottes! Mine are the goofiest chickens I have. And they have what I refer to as "the wyondotte waddle". Good luck with the Russian breeding!

RussianChickens

Songster
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Michigan (USA)
Hi! Sorry about your babies
. On another note you will love blr wyondottes! Mine are the goofiest chickens I have. And they have what I refer to as "the wyondotte waddle". Good luck with the Russian breeding!
Thanks
Where did you get your BLR Wyandottes from? I notice your in West Michigan, do you breed them? If so I'd be interested in buying some.

Hillbilly Hen

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Newaygo Michigan
Guess what? I got another civil ticket dated July 01, 2013. All it says is "Animal Viol" signed by the ordinance Nazi.
My "ARR/PRETRIAL" is Wednesday July 31, 2013.

So to the wonderful people who took my chickens to new homes, would you please send me an e-mail or PM of when you re-homed my chickens.

Thank you.
Just crazy!!
Welcome!

Top Bottom