Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello Michiganders!

I had 4 Pekin ducklings hatch last night, and I have 2 still left in the bator. I'm feeding gro gel and organic duckling food to make sure they have all their vitamins! These babies are available to a good Michigan home. I would like to keep them for 1 week to make sure they are strong and healthy, and to give them a good start.

If you would be interested in one or 2 or more of these ducklings, please let me know.

I also have 3 babies from my first hatch that consists of 1 Chinese/Toulouse goose mix, 1 Pekin duck mix, and 1 Embden goose. They are 5 weeks old and we love them to bits. Great with children, eat out of your hand and I ordered diapers for them as they want to hang out in the house. We aren't keeping any of them, but I don't want to return them to the farm we got them from as they will be slaughtered in the Spring. So, I'm looking for a good forever home for my 3 special babies, and the newborn ducklings are also available.

I'm hoping to find a loving home for my first 3 near White Lake, MI. We would like to come visit and bring treats! I would even bring a bag of organic duck food once in a while. I would like to keep them until July, but then I need to find them a home.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in them as pets, egg layers what not, please let me know :)

You can safely combine different aged birds when they have reached a similar size. If your hens are tolerant, they may allow younger (and smaller) birds in. Either way, watch them closely for a few days, there will likely be a lot of chasing and fussing, but unless someone gets hurt it is best to let them work it out on their own. I have had better success when mixing a big group of youngsters in, it seems to baffle the older hens - they do not know who to chase and chastise first.

After you combine your young and adult birds, feed a whole flock ration or a grower/finisher, with oyster shell offered on the side so that your layers will get plenty of calcium, until the young birds are at least 20 weeks old and close to point-of-lay.

Hello Michiganders!

I had 4 Pekin ducklings hatch last night, and I have 2 still left in the bator. I'm feeding gro gel and organic duckling food to make sure they have all their vitamins! These babies are available to a good Michigan home. I would like to keep them for 1 week to make sure they are strong and healthy, and to give them a good start.

If you would be interested in one or 2 or more of these ducklings, please let me know.

I also have 3 babies from my first hatch that consists of 1 Chinese/Toulouse goose mix, 1 Pekin duck mix, and 1 Embden goose. They are 5 weeks old and we love them to bits. Great with children, eat out of your hand and I ordered diapers for them as they want to hang out in the house. We aren't keeping any of them, but I don't want to return them to the farm we got them from as they will be slaughtered in the Spring. So, I'm looking for a good forever home for my 3 special babies, and the newborn ducklings are also available.

I'm hoping to find a loving home for my first 3 near White Lake, MI. We would like to come visit and bring treats! I would even bring a bag of organic duck food once in a while. I would like to keep them until July, but then I need to find them a home.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in them as pets, egg layers what not, please let me know :)
@SpidersHuman -was looking for some Pekin ducks back a page or 2

Hello Michiganders!

I had 4 Pekin ducklings hatch last night, and I have 2 still left in the bator.  I'm feeding gro gel and organic duckling food to make sure they have all their vitamins! These babies are available to a good Michigan home. I would like to keep them for 1 week to make sure they are strong and healthy, and to give them a good start. 

White lake is almost the next city over! I will have to see if I can get more animals lol. But I have ways wanted ducks!

Just did bumble foot surgery. Need to no another tomorrow. I swear, my chickens are always sick! :(

Peep-Chciken, I have to be honest, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving you my babies being that your chickens have multiple foot problems and are always sick.

Spiders-human, I messaged you back :)

The babies are getting so big and fast. 2 weeks old and 7 are sold and gone, mama wasn't happy. I do have 9 left if anyone is interested near the capac area. $5 Mom is Piebald muscovy and dad is Chocolate pied. They are unsexed as i do not know how to tell. They are a great pet or meat bird. Here is a pic of daddy also.

He's a biggin!! lol very freindly and follows you around yard wagging his tail.

Peep-Chciken, I have to be honest, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving you my babies being that your chickens have multiple foot problems and are always sick.

Bumble foot just sometimes happens (they are running around barefoot all the time). It doesn't mean that the owner is neglectful. The fact that she dealt with it is commendable. I'd be more concerned about the person that doesn't attend their animals medical needs rather than the ones that do.

Back
Top Bottom