Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thanks
1f600.png

Yup, DH Brett went to go get chick starter from FFH here and came home with a free chick!!! We are hatching some, but he just HAD to go buy one while he was at it.
th.gif
You guys had better not tell Amy this. She's really itching for chicks.

Hope everyone is slowing down and taking it easy while driving around out there. Lots of spin outs on there, and I guess there was a fatality on eastbound I-94 at Michigan Ave. Lot of backup there when I went by at about 9, and I heard that accident happened a little after 6.

Last edited:
Hope everyone is slowing down and taking it easy while driving around out there. Lots of spin outs on there, and I guess there was a fatality on eastbound I-94 at Michigan Ave. Lot of backup there when I went by at about 9, and I heard that accident happened a little after 6.
For sure!! It is nasty out there, so glad I don't have to travel today.

Be careful shoveling out too, snow is HEAVY!

Run mesh bowed big time, luckily didn't bend but bounced back up after a session with the roof rake at 6am.
Still coming down here(~10" so far), and windy, but snowfall should stop about noon....really glad power's still on<crossesfingers>

They give away single chicks?!?!...tsktsktsk....x10 for Brett bringing one home.
roll.png
I should rephrase..the chick ended up being "free". He told me it was "free" because he had a $3.00 coupon for the feed and the chick was 2.49. He was compelled to get a little easter egger, which he thinks is a pullet (
barnie.gif
...last time he picked out a pullet from a straight run bin it was a cockerel, mind you! ). He thought we have two little Iowa Chicks just hatched and a Chantecler hopefully hatching this weekend.

Yeah, it's a long story (and DH's reasoning)
roll.png
that the one egg is a week behind the other test hatch we did...

@bigmrg74 , I thought Amy wanted a brown one? don't let her see the second little chick we hatched, it is a nice brown one. However, it will not feather out that way
smile.png

I love being a State of MIchigan employee...they dismissed our office at noon yesterday and closed today. I received an automated message via phone last night at 10pm they decided to keep us all home today to clear the roads! YAY snow day for mamma!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom