Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I got some good news today. After 3 interviews, TSC has offered me a job. The District Manager even went to her bosses to get me started at a higher level than just plain ole stock-boy.
I start on Monday,
Congrats!!!
At least one TSC will have an experienced chicken guy.

Back into the working class :D I wouldn't mind working at a TSC myself
Congrats!!!
At least one TSC will have an experienced chicken guy.

@1muttsfan I went back into the working class last August when I became a lumber yard stock-boy. One day a week of 2-4 hours just wasn't cutting it.
@aart I hope so. This store already has a number of people who raise livestock and they know what is what.

Once I get in, I'll see what they can do to help support Chicken Stock. ;)

Never underestimate the resiliency of a chicken...

There was a gap in the temporary run that I half-fast repaired. Today that repair failed and I had hens outside of the run. Darn devil-dog caught her and played keep away with me. Pup ended up carrying her about half-way into the woods before I caught him.
Hen looked dead. I took the dog back to the house and secured him. When I went back out to recover the "carcass" it was gone. Or else I was in the wrong location.

Fast forward a few hours and I'm fixing the breach and reinforcing the whole run. I go in to the coop for something and there is the chicken-chew-toy. No blood, no puncture wounds, no obvious sign of injury. She made it back several hundred feet and in to the coop. She has been traumatized but otherwise seems okay. I'll know for sure later or tomorrow. She was eating and drinking when I last checked, about half an hour ago.

Damn dog. :mad:

'Weird egg' found in run this morning.
Actually saw it get laid yesterday afternoon but didn't know what they were doing at the time. This girl had been laying thin shelled eggs the last few weeks. Wonky shell gland for sure, she never has been quite 'right'.
upload_2019-3-22_16-45-28.png

upload_2019-3-22_16-45-17.png

upload_2019-3-22_16-45-9.png

Back
Top Bottom