Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Good idea, this lonely chick needs friends. Maybe quiet types, or bantams?
Mary
Yeah I’ll have to see what they have. Any specific suggestions for breeds? I’m concerned to do bantams, since I’m worried they won’t do well in my flock which already has 36 full sized birds from orpingtons, wyandottes, Brahmans, Cubalayas, (of course three silkie roosters -some crosses) and some ducks.

We sure had a lot of excitement in our little town of Dimondale yesterday. First two bodies found in a backyard in town. A Shelter in Place was issued until they investigated the scene. Then later on in the morning, while doing chicken chores, I heard sirens and knew they stopped very near. Then saw police cars sitting on both ends of our street. Officer I guess saw me looking and turned around to come and talk to me. Asked if I saw two men walking anywhere. Told me they were searching for two possibly armed men who attempted a B & E on a residence near by. Lots of police presence. Up and down our street. Helicopters searching. Another shelter in place was issued. I guess around 1pm, they called off the search saying they think they were picked up and no longer in the area. It wasn't until after 10 that I saw that they located the suspects and they were in custody.
Was quite a stressful day. On edge. Looking out the windows. Farm land across the street. Fields behind me. Called on some neighbors to tell them what was happening. Once I looked out the window and saw movement in our field. Holey Moley! About to :eek::eek:in my pants. And out of the tall grass comes a flock of turkeys! :lau Still don't know anything about the dead bodies found. Not releasing any info. :confused: :pop
Hope today is a quiet one. Suppose to sit for my grandson, but the secondary roads are still slick. Have a good day...

Headed to the vet with baby. She is NOT happy she got taken from her cozy brooder box in the basement. I have her in a cardboard box with hand warmers and towls in my lap wrapped in towels.

New life even with fresh snow.
77254F54-D13C-468D-9DED-4ADDDC8CAC99.jpeg

Well, the vet examined and said basically that her bones were crooked like side by side instead of straight like they should have been, and fixing it really would have been difficult, and really he said it wouldn’t have probably worked that well. He was very kind but said he didn’t see it working out well, but left it up to me. I decided it was best to euthanize her, since I don’t want her to suffer, and since she was struggling to get to food and such. I knew in my gut it was the right decision it’s just hard. I won’t lie to you when I say I was sobbing when I kissed her little chest and said goodbye. Rest in Peace Mabel, you were a very sweet girl. 😭

Attachments

• 257E0DBE-5870-4127-AC30-BBD53ADCCABE.jpeg
    257E0DBE-5870-4127-AC30-BBD53ADCCABE.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom