Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi everyone, i have a question, i have guinnea eggs in the incubator right now. and today was lockdown, dh and i went on a all day motorcycle ride, went into room to put eggs in lockdown this evening and i hear cherping..i have one egg zipped all the way.. and 6 more with extrernal pips.. humidity is up to 41.. and my question is, i dont want to open the incubator and let the humidity out.. and i have read where people have left the turner in.. so should i just let it be and see what happens.. i may ad a little more water with a straw so i dont have to open the bator.. hate to disturb it now.

i will keep watch i guess and if it looks to dangerous for a keet to be on the turner then i will remove it and put it in the brooder..

Maah and preciouskitty, I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

Opa, hope you can hear your name called at the raffle table Saturday.

Does anyone want these two hens? I'm trying to decide if I should bring them to Chickenstock. 2 Silkie hens, one White, one Buff, I was told they were show quality when I bought them. For sale or trade. Some things I'm looking for are on the Chickenstock buy/sale/trade thread. Thanks!

Had an unusual event in the coop today. We have 5 layers and got 6 eggs! One of the eggs is much smaller, about the size of my thumb. At first we thought it was a first egg from one of the young girls, she was even in the big girls side of the coop. Don't ask me how she got in there! The young girls are really too young to lay though. The larger egg is a jumbo for sure but the other egg is really small and pointy!

Excited to meet you all on Saturday! I am not supposed to come home with more chickens!
jumpy.gif
No matter how cute!

Yes, I meant ditto on the W.Mi meet up. I went to CS for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to this year too. BUT there are some people who just plain and simple can not make the drive there, but might find it easier to make it to a place much closer to home.

A lot of people have left the thread and not been back on BYC in so long... or check in so randomly. Busy time of year this is.

Silly, I have this boy, and he can be paired with either a phoenix hen or a yokohama hen. I have a white pullet, would you be interested in this guy? Or would you prefer a darker pairing like these two...The boy, That's Ed, he's staying here, but I have another one who looks nearly identical, only his come is more of a black, but otherwise the same color.

Back
Top Bottom