Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Oh dear.
Just got a text message from my daughter. She's inconsolable. One of the bantams was missing this morning when she let them out. She's heartsick because she thought they were all in when she locked up last night.
I told her to keep an eye out; maybe the bantam'll turn up when everyone else is running around. But I'm afraid that with all the coons and foxes in our area, it got eaten.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.

nluoma, oh no! I sure hope it will turn up! I had the same problem when I had bantams... things that wouldn't happen to larger chickens ended up happening to them and I had to learn from experience what to do different. Some things can't be helped much though!

Strange about your posts. Reminds me of an incident here. My gmail and facebook quit working about a week ago, to where I could only get on them for a few minutes early in the morning. For a long time they would get sluggish and quit loading in the afternoons and evenings but suddenly it was pretty much all day. Well, a couple of days ago, I made it into FB first thing in the morning and posted really quick that if anyone needed to contact me, to call me because it wasn't loading right. Someone warned me that it could be that our internet wasn't secure and someone was "stealing" it. Creepy thing is, for months it stopped working in the afternoons about the time school gets out for the day and it quit altogether when school got out for the summer (last week) aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the next day after posting about it on FB -it worked perfectly, like nothing ever was wrong. I was terrified and convinced that someone had hacked our internet and could read whatever I was writing, wherever I went on the net. DH said that our network security wasn't turned on but also that he didn't see any evidence of hijacking so who knows, maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't. But why did it start working after I posted about it... DH also said it wasn't possible for anyone to read my posts or emails but I still feel a bit unsettled. It's too much of a coincidence. Ah well. It's supposedly secure now. I can't believe he didn't set the password when we moved here, being a computer programmer and all. I trust him to handle those things which I know next to nothing about.

I buried the cat and you know, I'm not really attached to most of the barn cats but it was really sad how she was wedged in her hiding place, head first, paws covering her face.  I wish I knew who was putting out the poison.  I'd put a big sign on my property calling for an end to the poisoning but I just moved here last year and don't want to make enemies by accusing the entire neighborhood.

:(

I'm sorry to hear that your cat got some poison that wasn't intended for it! :(

Last edited:
Strange about your posts.  Reminds me of an incident here.  My gmail and facebook quit working about a week ago, to where I could only get on them for a few minutes early in the morning.  For a long time they would get sluggish and quit loading in the afternoons and evenings but suddenly it was pretty much all day.  Well, a couple of days ago, I made it into FB first thing in the morning and posted really quick that if anyone needed to contact me, to call me because it wasn't loading right.   Someone warned me that it could be that our internet wasn't secure and someone was "stealing" it.  Creepy thing is, for months it stopped working in the afternoons about the time school gets out for the day and it quit altogether when school got out for the summer (last week) aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the next day after posting about it on FB -it worked perfectly, like nothing ever was wrong.  I was terrified and convinced that someone had hacked our internet and could read whatever I was writing, wherever I went on the net.  DH said that our network security wasn't turned on but also that he didn't see any evidence of hijacking so who knows, maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't.  But why did it start working after I posted about it...  DH also said it wasn't possible for anyone to read my posts or emails but I still feel a bit unsettled.  It's too much of a coincidence.  Ah well.  It's supposedly secure now.  I can't believe he didn't set the password when we moved here, being a computer programmer and all.  I trust him to handle those things which I know next to nothing about.

Since getting rid of Facebook two years ago I have had password change request 3 times emailed to me. Some one trying to hack my account. Creepy. I change my passwords all the time now.

Since I am new to chickens and new to this board, I would love to see photos of people's chickens! Here are a few of mine to start us off. The first couple are my Sizzle- Marilyn Monroe. The white one is Greta Garbo as a juvenile (Suktan/Cochin). Then Liz Taylor (Silkie), and baby pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable (Smooth Sizzle.) I have a number of other Silkies and a showgirl.

Back
Top Bottom