Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I think I'm going to put in a rotational paddock system around my coop. I've been agonizing over this since I started planning the new coop. So far I've just been letting them free range but with as many dogs running around here, that's a gamble. Plus they're tearing up my flower gardens. The fox can find them too, if they wander too far out back in the field and/or pasture (lost two last year to the fox). I have a low impedance solar charger I'm not using, and just ordered some electric poultry netting. I'll add a pop door on each side of the coop and move the fence around to the four corners every few weeks, I think, and see how that goes. I've designed a large run and gave up on that idea because they'd just scratch it down to dirt and then what? And then I thought about adding a new permanent pasture fence in addition to the large run but gave up on that as well (owing to the fact that I'd still have to electrify the entire pasture new and old against the fox who can fit through the woven wire or climb over PLUS I'd have to section off the orchard which I plant a second veggie garden in). Now I just have to figure out how to hook all the wiring up and find a good spot for the charger and ground.

Partly because there are a lot of young people and children that post on this forum in general, and it's not encouraged that they tell people where they are from.  
I'm not a huge fan of pinpointing my location........ though we do have a MI thread somewhere that lists were everyone is from...
I must not have found that thread yet. I'll keep looking. I would love to find a breeder in my area.

If you don't want to post where you're from, you can give a general idea, i.e. ~ 25 miles N of Flint.
Thanks for the answers about therm ply, I have never heard of it before and it sounds like something useful to have around.

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie from Michigan!! I haven't had a chance to dig through this ginormous thread to see where everyone was from. But I am glad to have found you.
welcome-byc.gif
Hi Meca, I'm sure you'll just love this thread, I do!

Im from lapeer mi!
I raise cochin bantams and focus on the calico/millie colors. I also have pet quality silkies. Frizzles and soon sizzles. And a few chocolate english orphingtons.

I also raise netherland dwarf bunnies, show quality mini horses, and iris flowers.

Im from lapeer mi!
I raise cochin bantams and focus on the calico/millie colors. I also have pet quality silkies. Frizzles and soon sizzles. And a few chocolate english orphingtons.

I also raise netherland dwarf bunnies, show quality mini horses, and iris flowers.

How much are your irises? And are they ready to split?

Hey all!
Would anyone be interested in 7 week old Coturnix quail? I have 6 females and 4 males. They just started laying this week and I'm getting about two a day. I was just offered a job on Mackinac Island for the summer and cannot take them with me. Super cheap! I'm in the Macomb area, so I would be willing to drive up to ~45 minutes to meet someone half way.

Just send me a message!

Im from lapeer mi!

Silly question.. Do you raise rabbits for meat also?? Or do you sell bunnies and chicks?? Trying to find someone to buy from for next spring.

Or is anyone from the tri-cities area who will have chicks to sell and advice for a first timer. Also looking for help with getting some rabbits and ducks...

Have s great night!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom