Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi Susan, are you sure you want to move to Michigan from (hot, sunny) Tucson this time of the year? We are at the start of what looks to be another unusually cold, unusually long winter
hmm.png
- just a little disclaimer.

I would also recommend calling the local government - and do not use your real name. Really.

Sorry,
Its still early...
Welcome!
In Ottawa County there is a township, Allendale twp. And they allow up to 4 chickens on ANY property. No size limit, any zoning. If you purchase in a subdivision with an association, then the association likely has rules against keeping animals, but check before you buy.
I'm not familiar with Vernon Township. Usually if you call, they should be able to tell you.
Good luck, and welcome back to the cold, cold state of Michigan!
Allendale?? I used to live on campus there at GVSU.
cool.png

Yup, Allendale is home of the GVSU Lakers, and back yard chickens! As far as I know, its the most chicken friendly township around the area. If a person owns 5 acres or more they are considered a farm, and regardless of zoning, can operate their farm with unlimited animals as long as it complies with GAAMPS.
My guess is that because they are so farm friendly as well as other reasons, population is booming, and residents are happy! Beautiful schools, enormous community support, and an overall nice place to live... More areas should think this way! When I contacted the township about their ordinance, they explained that "we work for the residents, and this is what the residents want" cool, huh?
Unlike GC, right Raz... They need to get a clue!!!

I am not sure if I should post this here or not.. Does anyone know if anyone in the Thumb area is looking to rehome a Black Australorp Rooster? I am looking for one. I had one lined up and drove 2 1/2 hours to get him and he was sick. The lady also trying to rehome him to me for free but when I got there she tried selling him to me.

We drove to Florida last weekend and it was below 30 degrees all the way to southern Georgia. Luckily it was 70's in Vero Beach where we went to a wedding. Then we came back to this!
barnie.gif

Hi Susan, are you sure you want to move to Michigan from (hot, sunny) Tucson this time of the year? We are at the start of what looks to be another unusually cold, unusually long winter
hmm.png
- just a little disclaimer.

I would also recommend calling the local government - and do not use your real name. Really.

Yes, I am ready to move! I can do more in winter there, than I can in summer here! It won't be until next year though. I was thinking about calling them too. And no way would I give them my real name! No need to bring unwanted attention to myself!

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have a question, does anyone in SE Michigan know where I can give away a rooster? I have a 6 1/2 month old that is very territorial and I can't handle him any longer. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom