Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

got out to church before the freezing rain started, Thank you Lord!
called kids told them not to come up today, not safe to drive if you don't need to.

Welcome Dratz, this is a nice place to be:frow

so far power is still on. had a part of a tarp flapping in the chicken run, couldn't figure out why they were all in an area they don't usually hang out in. filled water, food and fixed the tarp, every one is happy now:)

comcast just went down, guys are not happy, ;)

looking for Barnvelders or wellsommers, chicks or eggs. got broodys but my rooster is shooting blanks I think, not many of the eggs we crack are fertile

Just got in from morning chores. It is not actually snowing, those are tiny little ice pellets, only 22 at the house, must be the air temp higher up is much warmer, and the rain is freezing just above the ground. Which I much prefer to an ice storm. I have one poor little junco that came back a little too early, and he is probably so happy to have the feeders full.
Same type of snow/ice here too.
I've had juncos here for weeks, good thing I have lots of feeders and cover.
It's been pretty much non-stop birds all winter long. The goldfinches surprised me by staying all winter. Lots of great bird watching here. I even have spots for the cats to watch from.

Found someone with lav orps. I'll be waiting until the roads are passable before even attempting a 4 hour round trip drive. Maybe by Memorial Day.

20180415_110444.jpg

Staying warm by hanging out with Goober lol

For those that remember Granny. Sam (Opa) posted on FB that she had a stroke on Friday. Too soon to tell what the outcome will be. Keep her and Sam in your prayers.

For those that remember Granny. Sam (Opa) posted on FB that she had a stroke on Friday. Too soon to tell what the outcome will be. Keep her and Sam in your prayers.
Oh no! That poor lady has been through a lot in the past few years. She is tough, hope she pulls through.
Thanks for letting us know.

Granny cherished the time spent with the many friends we made with this wonderful group and I am grateful for you prayers during this difficult time. She suffered a major stoke that paralyzed her left side and left her disoriented. Hopefully rehabilitation therapy will allow her to return home. At the end of this 2nd day since her stroke she has regain some movement and mentally she appears to have returned. However her condition is still guarded and we trust in God for the outcome that is best for her.

Got a bit of ice here and it took down quite a few branches. One of them right after we got back from a pancake breakfast so that I could switch vehicles and go to the farm and then onto Ann Arbor for a massage. Thing would have been enough to at least crack a windshield if it had fallen on a car. Somebody else was out and had gotten started on cleaning it up when I was leaving. Thankfully here the roads were just warm enough that ice just didn't stick to it. Probably wasn't the case once you got much further north of AA.

At the Farm I had to take my portable fencing down as the ice on it was getting too heavy and it had snapped 2 of the PVC pipe stands that I have to hold the fencing up as it gets moved around the yard. Right at the upright tee for it. Think I'll be able to get away with just cutting off the busted tee parts and rebuilding the stands. But I did grab some more fittings so that I could build more stands for the fence. Think I'm going to have to cut the girls down to to a smaller fence until I get some time to get those stands repaired at least.

Don't think the farm lost power other than a little hiccup. Thankfully my little ones in the brooder are getting big enough that not having a heat lamp doesn't seem to bother them that much in the garage. I did get them out in a baby pen Thursday and Friday to get to see the big girls and start that process. Kinda thinking in about another 2 weeks of putting them out in my older small coop that's served as a sunroom for the big girls all winter. Next weekend I'm probably going to be cleaning out both of them and getting them back to being tractors again.

Back
Top Bottom