Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
10233_coffee10.gif
Good morning all, I've checked my pulse and I have one. So it's going to be a great day. M2EM I hate dreaming about work. You get up feeling like you've already put in a full day.

Good morning!! Here is hoping today is a good day. Kids are all home from school.

I am really hoping to get chicks this year from local people. I am willing to drive an hour or so to get chicks. I know where I can get most of the breeds I want but I am not sure about SLW and Welsemmers and who would be willing to sell chicks this early spring, or who would have them. If you can let me know so I don't go and order them that would be great.

Good Morning!

I am ready for bed already
smile.png
Exersicing is done for today, so now I need to go and get breakfast going. But I am on the computer instead, but the kids are all still asleep too
lol.png

Here is the message from my SIL's Facebook page:

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, I love you all! So far, here is the scoop. I have a herniated disc in my C6 vertebrae, due to the pressure from the cancer there. I will be meeting with a neurosurgeon and my oncologist to decide whether to do radiation or surgery. So my stay here at St. Joes will be any...where from thru tomorrow, to a week or so. That's all I've got for now. I'll make it.

Thanks for the prayers! Have a great day today everyone. We have archery this afternoon. I am hopefully going to try shooting too!

Sarah

Good morning everyone!! Coffee's tasting prety good this morning. Yesterday got so warm that I could clean the coop from top to bottom!! I let the flock out into garden to scratch and play in the sun and no one wanted back in until I got everything done. Did they love it!! Then DH and I went coyote hunting out on the Bay. Didn't see anything except a bald eagle and some crows fighting over a dead fish. It was a great day to be outside doing whatever.

Quote:
Just a little encouragement for you Opa. It sounds like it will be really nice when you get done with it. I hope you will post a before/ after pic of it. I inherited mine from my Mom ten years ago. It belonged to my Ma [grandmother] and I remember her using it. It had several coats of paint on it in various colors of yellow or green. I decided to paint it white and stencil the yellow and green to match the counter top.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/27698_100_2522.jpg

HBH, what a wonderful family heirloom! It's so pretty!

Opa: I, too, ask you to post before and after pictures.

I was outside checking on eggs and now I get to check on the Seramas too and what do I find, Spunky the roo making a beautiful nest for the ladies turning around and around and calling them over the the cute little nest he made. Even though he tries to bite me sometimes he is a good little roo to his ladies.

I do not like the ebay-style bidding in the eggs for sale section.
rant.gif

I bid on some silkie eggs from old-time gator. I have been outbid. I dont have patience for that. Or funds to keep overbidding.
sad.png

Good Morning everyone-
sorry, I shouldnt have started out a post with complaining.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sarah
I hope your SIL gets better fast. My thoughts and prays are with you and yor family.

Awhile ago I posted about my SIL who is a paramedic/firefighter and had lost feeling in his arm. He had to go to surgery because his c6 had bulged in his neck is what they found out happened. They were able to order bone from the bone bank, which was cut to his size of disc and they replaced both c5 and c6 and then fused together with a metal plate. I have learned alot from this as never knew the was a bone bank and what amazing thing they do. He will be off work for atleast 2 mths. Trying to get him to sit down and take it easy is not in his volcabulary thou. They have 3 kids from 2- 7 so he is getting to spend lots of time with them.
I hope they are able to do something quick for your SIL asmy SIL has made a very quick recovery from all of this.

Babette

Hillbilly Hen: Beautiful piece. Gosh I love the looks of older furniture. Friend of mine, I tease just about every day as he has not bought anything I say, since 1902 LOL (boy does that toot his horn ). He has a beautiful ice chest that he uses for his fit it tools and stuff. Sure wish he just let me have it for my dining room. LOL His stove is an old gas westinghouse that has the turquoise clock and dials. Its beautiful and works great. Even down to his solid black walnut full size bedroom set with chest, chest of drawers, vanity, lingerie chest that was all his grand mothers and he's 77 yrs old. I cherish the workman ship that went into the old wood furniture nothing like the junk they sell now.

Sorry Ive been away for a while. I finally got up the nerve to move back into our home. I havent lived in it since husband died and its kind of bitter sweet, sorting out all his things and seeing some gifts that he bought me over 2 yrs ago that Im just now finding in his sea bags. Had to laugh, found a box of eatable tattoos made by Candy Pants. I laughed so hard thinking, what in the world WAS he thinking. LOL Its been a rough 13 days but there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel and its got my name all over it. New Year, New Life and New Journeys to conquer.

Sarah: My prayer are with Amy and her family, and yours a well. I hope they can get her about pain free as she's been through enough already.ly

Off to Howard's for my monthly load of feed. He's been so good about putting the grain for me in 50# sacks instead of those beastly 100#'ers Im getting to old to be tossing them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom