Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
The only problem is that you might wind up with a chicken that does think it is one. I have one bird, Blue the former house chicken, that as her name implies was kept in doors and received quite alot of attention. When we finally placed her with the flock she was a long time fitting in.
I would suggest handling them all equally.

Last edited:
Quote:
I favor a couple of mine because they like to sit on my lap or eat from my hand. My Maggie, a BR hen, follows me around sits on my leg and is head chicken. She is probably the only chicken I have that hopefully will live a long happy life. Which means I won't eat her when her laying slows down. She was a sweet baby chick too.

Quote:
Anny, I live in Dewitt just outside of Lansing and have never heard of this place - do you have a website?

I've seen the ads on craigslist ( Lansing area one , I think ), but I don't know anything about them. I'm 30/40 mins from Lansing.

I think it does have a website. I'll see if I can find the ad.

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Quote:
I favor a couple of mine because they like to sit on my lap or eat from my hand. My Maggie, a BR hen, follows me around sits on my leg and is head chicken. She is probably the only chicken I have that hopefully will live a long happy life. Which means I won't eat her when her laying slows down. She was a sweet baby chick too.

My daughter has her favorites
smile.png
She looks like the pied piper with them all following her across the yard!

I have a favorite- Carmen. The only one with a name, the only one with immunity. If I get caught having chickens, she will have to move indoors. She started out indoors. She was the one someone found right after Easter, running down the street and brought her in to my work. I brought her home, and my dog got ahold of her. Tore her up so bad, I didnt think she would make it through the night. She slept in a kittybed, next to my daughter for the next two weeks. I used bio-dressing on her wounds, and antibiotic ointment, and a large bandage around her body. She survived, and is one spoiled chicken, even now. She follows us through the yard, tells us just the way things should be...lol.

I am waking up exhausted. I dont feel so well. I think maybe I am coming down sick. Nothing specific. Just NO energy. Makes for a long day.Thank you for the well-wishes for my mother in law. I hope they can find what is wrong and help her. She is fiercely independent and hates having to ask for any help. My husband is taking off work today to be with her.

Opa- don't wait til evening to post. You make a whole lot of us folks worry about you when you arent here with coffee in the morning.
smile.png
We have come to expect you, and it makes us uneasy starting our day without your posts.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I must get ready for work, and get an earlier start on walking my dog today. Yesterday, I was running late and he got a short walk. I dont think it made him very happy to be caged at my work all day without any off-leash time. I hate that it gets light later in the morning. Makes caring for the chickens in the morning, more difficult.

good morning everyone

My mom is coming for a visit today. I love my mom dearly but even though I am 36 I still worry about what she is going to say. She hasent been over since November, so shes never met Gabby the house chicken, and all of the new additions. I don't think she approves of so many pets. Even though my grandparents had tons of pets. They even had monkeys. Mom was born in '42, I guess the laws were more lienent back then. We always had at least a couple cats, dogs, and various rodents, and birds when I was growing up too. But she thinks this is all too much for me to handle. I was finally completely honest with her about the number of birds two days ago, then yesterday I invited her for a visit. She had ducks when she was my daughters age, so is excited to see them. She told me she thought they were her pets and one day her dad killed them and her mom served them for a big family holiday dinner. She said she counldnt even look at them. Made me feel a little closer to her.
smile.png

Mom 2em all I hope you feel better.

thepremo1. my two chicks that I favored the most last year are a RIR named molly and a Buff Orphington named Apple. They are both the head of the flock. The girls seem to segreate themselves due to color so Molly is in charge of the reds and Apple the BO. But when the flock is all together its usually Molly. Gabby is the house chicken. She is spoiled rotten. The other girls don't like her and I really don't think she thinks shes a chicken. I'm sure she thinks she is above them. I am not favoring any of the chicks this year. I am handling all of them. But my ducks are getting pretty spoiled. I am interested to see what dynamic they bring to the flock.

Its going to be a beautiful day. I hope everyone gets to enjoy the sunshine.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom