1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Michigan

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Grammi, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenchickens

sevenchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Zephyr, I just picked up 2 Dorkings from Livingston Feed and Seed, they are Murray McMurray so I don't know if hatchery stock interests you. I've had such a difficult time finding any at all. I know a guy that shows chickens and he is keeping an eye out for me, if he comes through with some eggs I'll let you know.

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Each year since I retired there has been a cost to live increase but not any increase in my pension. It is exactly the same amount as when I retired 19 years ago. In 1991 gas was $1.11 per gallon and now they're predicting that it will be $4 by summer. My property taxes have almost doubled. Bread was $1.25 now it's $2.49. I just went back and researched the cost of living increases for the last 19 years and if my pension had a cost of living adjustment I would be drawing $21,000 more than I am currently drawing. At the current rate of decline in purchasing power I will need to die in about ten years.

3. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Good Morning!

Rain is spitting on and off here. Have to work this morning. Then this afternoon we are all going to the movies for a surprise for child #3's birthday tomorrow. I have another surprise for her birthday too!

4. sevenchickens

sevenchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:We got the same storm. Thunder shook the house and made the smoke dectors go off woke the kids and now I have a dog glued to my side. Poor dog was shaking and drooling.

My chicks should be shipping from Ideal today. Woo hoo!!

Hope you all have a great day.

I just read an article/advertisement about a blanket that you can put on dogs to help with the fear of storms. They say that it is the static electricity build up in the air that most dogs get nervous about and this blanket is lined with something that neutralizes it. here is the link. http://www.stormdefender.com/how_it_works.htm

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Ellen: Have you thought about ordering some rosecomb Dorkings from Sand Hill? I've got a few breeds coming from them this summer...so I have no experience with their quality. But it's a place to start if you can't find them anywhere else.

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Does anyone have a treatment (other than the obvious) for a disorder I call "ACDD"? All Consuming Duckling Desire? I have had this yearning for a few weeks now for some ducklings...and it's getting REALLY bad. [​IMG] If anyone wants to go in on an order from somewhere that has Welsh Harlequins...please let me know. That would definitely be the cure for my problem. [​IMG]

7. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Just a quick update on the hen with brumblefoot that I did surgery on the other night. She is doing remarkably well! She is in the rec room right now. She is staying in the trailer with the chicks so she keeps her foot clean in all this mud. Rachel is rebedding the chicks and the hen is quite the escape artist! New ointment and bandaids on her toe and she is walking around with a slight limp. Her foot is still swollen some. She really likes the back of the couch that is by the window, she thinks she can escape from here too! Well she just tried to fly out and pooped on Jack in the process! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  8. SweeChee

SweeChee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Otisville, MI
    Haven't been on in a few days. It's a lot easier at work with high speed, but I'm on spring break so I have to deal with dial up. I finally got my pictures of our chicks uploaded. We had 10, but one died [​IMG] Here they are:

Skidmark is hiding behind Midnight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Quote:All this talk about blue laced red wyandottes and I have no idea what one looks like. Pics anyone?
    SweeChee, those are some cute chicks.

10. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by