Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new chicks are here. We ordered 25 barred rock chicks from our local elevator. They receive the chicks from Townline Hatchery in Zeeland, MI. They sent us 26 just to be safe, so far they all are doing well. We'll keep you posted. Rosie & Roger from Lake, MI. Not to be confused with Lake City, MI.

Quote:
I picked some chicks up at my local Family Farm & Home. They came from Townline Hatchery, also. Mine have been very healthy. I have some layers (SLW, BR, BO, and a BA) and some meaties. Mine are three weeks old. Looks like they will grow up to be nice birds! Enjoy!

welcome-byc.gif
rnrterp,
BR's are nice birds. I have two BR hens and they are the nicest chickens I have towards the other chickens. They don't seem to cause any drama.
Check out the link in my siggy on the upcoming Michigan chickenstock, it would be nice to see you there.

Quote:
Michelle,

I know, it is bad isn't it?! When I ordered the goslings, I almost ordered ducklings to fill the rest of the order. Ellen "saved" me and ordered with me. Otherwise, I would have ordered some welsh harlequins too. I do not need more things to have separate pens for!!
he.gif
But they are sooo cute!
barnie.gif
We ordered from Metzers and they have a pretty good reputation. DO NOT TELL ME IF YOU ORDER!! As I may not be able to resist again!
th.gif

I think I can help you out with that A.C.D.D.... here you go:

9221_sinkbath.jpg

10233_ducks_feeding.gif
I'm pretty sure that waterfowl have the ability to generate more dropping by weight than the amount of feed you give them.
lau.gif

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of 4 brown chinese goslings. I have 4 eggs in the incubator on lockdown. When we checked Monday night there was movement in all 4 eggs. Does anyone have any idea how many days chinese usually run? I know it can vary by breed.

Dang it Vicki!!! I might need a couple of your BLRW's. As long as someone is bringing some Speckled Sussex. If I get some of those for my husband I can get anything that doesn't need any pools or ponds.

Last edited:
Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9221_sinkbath.jpg

Vicki...I'm checking into Metzers right now. I really think you should help me with my obsession.
gig.gif
I honestly don't think I'll get any peace with myself until I have some adorable little Welsh Harlequin ducklings.
love.gif
And I really think that you need some of them, too.
lau.gif
And since Metzers only has a 10 duckling minimum, we might can even get someone else to join in as well.

M2emA... Gee thanks...just what I needed to see.
lau.gif
Now I'll never get any sleep tonight.
th.gif

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9221_sinkbath.jpg

Vicki...I'm checking into Metzers right now. I really think you should help me with my obsession.
gig.gif
I honestly don't think I'll get any peace with myself until I have some adorable little Welsh Harlequin ducklings.
love.gif
And I really think that you need some of them, too.
lau.gif
And since Metzers only has a 10 duckling minimum, we might can even get someone else to join in as well.

M2emA... Gee thanks...just what I needed to see.
lau.gif
Now I'll never get any sleep tonight.
th.gif

Michelle, I said do NOT tell me!! Obvioiusly this ACDD has scrambled your hearing!!
gig.gif
I am putting my blinders on now!! Good thing I will be gone for a few days, so I won't be tempted!!
barnie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom