Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAM!!!!!!!!!! Are you okay?
I took a rare nap- have to work afternoons. I had a dream about Chickenstock.
In it I had a whole bunch of muscovy ducklings- that nobody wanted. And we were having a conversation, "its not the same without Sam at Chickenstock"...and
everyone was commenting- "cant believe Sam isnt here"
th.gif

Not planning on NOT being there, are you? You are, after all, the key rooster to the whole shebang.
hu.gif

Beeeutiful day outside today. I got a whole bunch of yard-mess cleaned up. My yard is completely all mud with sparse clumps of grass. I need sod, I believe.

I have baby muscovies hatching under Mama Broody today. (that apparently, nobody wants
hide.gif
)

Last edited:
Finally, warmer weather! Now hopefully it dries up all this muddy mess!

Laying Isa Brown hens and BR roos NEED to go. Anyone have anything to trade for them?

Last edited:
so I'm planning on building new chicken coops and i stop by this garage sale and the woman had tore all of the old plywood out of the ceiling of thier polebarn...perfectly good, no nails and a lot of it...SCORE!
smile.png
it was all free! I picked through and got some good sized sheets...guess what I'm going to start working on
big_smile.png
Saved me a lot of money!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That's my kinda deal! It seems I never see those deals when I need them! If you see more let us know because we're already in the process of building separator pens and extensions!

Quote:
I don't have any choice but to come. I've fired up the incubator and I can't possibly use all of these chicks. Lots of folks have expressed a desire for my bantams so hopefully everyone will still want them.

I am far from being a key rooster. I'm just the dumb duck that was willing to trying and keep things going.

A cool start to the day but at least the forecast isn't calling for rain. Just heard that we've gotten more than twice the normal amount for April. From the laments of those experiencing water standing everywhere, the May flowers this year just might be water lilies.

For those of you who have expressed a desire to get some of my bantams if you could send me a pm I appreciate it. That way I will have an idea of just how many I should try to hatch. I will be bringing vorwerks, spangled hamburgs, and blue orpingtons.

Well, I took individual pictures of my 10 almost-month-old FBCM's last night and scrolled through them today. It's a lot easier to determine what's what that way than trying to look at them all together as they are running around. It looks like I have 2 pullets and 8 roos. I was only going to get 6 or 8 chicks at first, but decided to get 10 to up my chances of getting more pullets. Good thing I did our I probably would have had no pullets at all! So, if anyone is looking for FBCM roos out of the Wade Jeane line, I will be bringing them to Chickenstock.

I have two EE roos that need new homes. I bought these and several other chicks from TSC as straight runs; they were hatched on March 1 and came home on March 3. They've been raised with a great deal of love inside our house. In my office, in fact. They are used to being held and cuddled, they love mealworms and apples and salad greens and suet blocks (the kind wild birds eat, in berry flavor). They are 8 weeks old now and are named Blaziken (by my 18-year-old son) and Barbra (by me). There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, other than it turns out that they are roos. I'd love for them to have a new home where they'll have room to forage and a few henny girlfriends of their own, versus where they'll go to end up on the Memorial Day BBQ grill. Sadly, we can't keep them... we had hoped they were girls, since we already have two other EE roos. We can't have four! The other roos are my own personal chickie and my 7 year old's chick. As much as it makes me sad -- and I had two good cries over this last night -- Blaze and Barbra need new homes. We're in the Southeast MI area, near Chelsea between Jackson and Ann Arbor. If anyone would like to adopt Blaze and/or Barbra, please let me know. You'll find photos of them in this thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=494749

Blaziken, or Blaze, is #2. Barbra is #3. Thanks...

Quote:
I don't have any choice but to come. I've fired up the incubator and I can't possibly use all of these chicks. Lots of folks have expressed a desire for my bantams so hopefully everyone will still want them.

I am far from being a key rooster. I'm just the dumb duck that was willing to trying and keep things going.

But.... I like ducks!
big_smile.png

Opa! I couldn't wait for 10 days to candle the Welsummer eggs - ALL are developing.
wee.gif
Now fingers are crossed that they are all pullets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom