Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
10233_rain_lightning.gif
Another morning getting off to a noisy start. I just looked at the weather map and it appears that the worst of the storm is going to be south of us but we will be wet enough that it will delay or prohibit my working today. The problem with bad weather is that it causes us to get behind schedule and then have to listen to customers complaining and asking why their project isn't done yet.

Ugn, I am so glad I have a pulse this morning so I can try and have a good day! Had a loooooooooooong night. My parents came to visit and one of their pups (11 year old, I call all dogs puppys regardless of age) wasn't feeling so well. She'd just had her teeth cleaned three days ago, and was on antibiotics 'cause she had one pulled. She just got so sick. I didn't know that much could come out of a dog, despite her not having eaten really since the surgery. Since the parents had a long drive, I did puke watch last night. No sleep for me! I just hope she starts to feel better, poor girl is miserable.

Stacey, isn't amazing the things we put ourselves through for the sake of our "children"? Sorry you had such a long night, but knowing you made today easier for your parents is something to use as a foundation upon which to build your good day.

Keyt I'm sorry about the new chick loses. I have no idea why...could you have bad chick food??

It RAINED here last night!! Whoop! My rain dance worked! I can feel the ground and plants sigh a huge sigh of RELIEF! Thank you Lord!

Have a good day everyone!

Quote:
Hey Keyt,

There may be several issues going on. What was your humidity,temp during incubation. Being slightly off on those could get you to hatch weak chicks. Was the incubator 100% clean throughout incubation? What are you feeding the chicks? Did they hatch prematurely? Did you offer egg yolks to them for extra strenght? It is normal to have a runt in each hatch but your situation makes me a bit suspicious. What temp do you have the heat lamp set on? What is your badding? What do you feed? Do you use electrolytes in your water?

Jen

Quote:
I sooo understand. My dog did this after having surgery and I had to take her back to the vet. She is only 9lbs and I swear she barfed her body weight and more. The pain meds were making her sick. Once we changed them, she was just fine. Maybe its the same case for your poor pooch? Also try bland soft food, something like just chicken and rice. Hope your pooch feels better.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Or you give a customer a quote and start date but they want to "think it over" and they wait a week or more before committing.
They call with the OK but want you to start right away. They don't understand that you have other customers who actually committed.
I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to have to start charging for quotes since so many people are just wasting my time and not committing to the work. I'll call it a "consultation fee".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom