Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here from/in Washtenaw County? I'm a newbie to chickens.

I've always wanted to live in the country but never have, so I took the saying 'bloom where you're planted' seriously & started urban homesteading! I have 5 chickens-one RIR roo, 1 RIR pullet & 3 Red sexlinks (can you tell I went to TSC for them?!). I just started getting eggs. I'm up to 2/day.

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

FREE: Loudest Hen Known to Man
lol.png

I kid. But, seriously, this hen is driving me NUTS. Every single afternoon she carries on for no less than 30 minutes with the loudest, most annoying egg song I have ever heard. It's not a song. It's a squawking, screeching ear-drum massacre! I'm tempted to make chicken and dumplings for dinner.

I have an americauna hen that...um...sings... like that.

Sometimes, I sing along and translate into English.

"I have made an EGG! It is a BLUE EGG! It is the BEST egg in the COOP! The other hens' EGGS are all COVERED IN POOP! You should come seeeeeeeee it! Behold! An egg I have MADE! Egg! Egg! If There were a ROOOOOOOOOOOOOSTER, it would hatch! But alas, the eggs get LAID and I never DO! At least the Egg is all Pretty and BLUE!"

For some reason, this drives my husband crazy.

(and thanks for the welcome, now that I've exposed myself as a complete lunatic)

Last edited:
Anyone have sand in their coop?

Also, TSC doesn't carry gamebird feed anymore... WTH!!! I want it for my silkies, Higher protien... Guess I will have to keep them on a chick starter and layer at a 50/50 mix... That so sucks. LOL.

I am not so smart... I didn't think about the under-run on the coop.. I only put in one access door... How am I supposed to rake all the poop out when its only 2.5 ft high and 8 feet long? OMG! I guess I will be taking the chicken wire all off, and redoing my doors. I think its the kidlets frying my brains... LOL

How is everyone doing today? Hope no incidents, and its a good start to the weekend? So far so good here.

Quote:
I'm almost positive that I lost 10% of my brain power each time I gave birth and 1% per child per year. I'm nearly a vegetable.
tongue.png
About the gamebird, did you ask if they could order it for you? My mom got them to order a rabbit food for her from a brand that they don't even carry. The other option is the family farm and home in Allendale but that looks like a jaunt. I'm lucky and they just opened up one 10 minutes from me. Our "local" TSC stores are 20 minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom