Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
One of the things I miss most about the UP (other than friends) is the fishing.

When we moved back here after 22 years up there, the first thing we all said we missed the most, was seeing Lake Michigan almost everyday.

Quote:
I'd have to agree with Sam. My wife was hesitant to meet some folks from another forum I frequent....turns out she liked them just fine and we keep in contact with them. I'm looking forward to the BYC Michigan meet up too.

I went to college down at Alma. I got soo homesick because I missed Green Bay. Its sound weird, but I look at it every day as well. I've tried the agruement of the making friends with DH, but he can't figure out why i would want to travel a good 8 hours to see people I've never met. If it was a little closer, I could talk him into it.

Good morning Sam

By the way, went out for a perch fry Friday night. It was to DIE for. Can't wait til the ice is gone.
fl.gif
Its that patience thing.

More artic cold coming our way. I don't think I'm ever going to get this "house" chicken out with the rest of the flock. She has got to be the noisiest bird of any that I have. I think that she is lonely but you can only spend so much time per day talking to a chicken before you feel you're losing your sanity.

She is funny. If you sit in the chair next to her cage and make "chicken noises", she jumps up on her perch, moves as close to you as possible, and starts squawking like crazy. Of course if I continue to do this I might become fluent in "chicken" and be able to converse with the other birds in their language. I remember when I was stationed in Germany and someone would be talking about me, thinking I couldn't understand them, their reaction when I answered the question they had asked the other person was hilarious. Imagine how effective it could be to be to tell your birds in their own language just what is going to happen to them if they don't start laying better.

Quote:
I'd have to agree with Sam. My wife was hesitant to meet some folks from another forum I frequent....turns out she liked them just fine and we keep in contact with them. I'm looking forward to the BYC Michigan meet up too.

When is the meet-up? Did it get decided with a time and place now?

Quote:

When is the meet-up? Did it get decided with a time and place now?

I just spoke with Wynette a few days ago and she is working on getting a meeting place and should be posting more details soon.

It had the same small town feel as Menominee, but I never felt as if I fit in. I only stayed down there for a year. That was the last time I spent any time in Lower Michigan except for the occassional trip to Mackinaw City while on vacation.

Alma is about as big a city as I care to be in, lol. I feel much better in the country or a small town, like Ithaca. But, if you have to go to one, Alma is pretty nice. When my sister used to live in Troy, I felt like I almost couldn't breath till I was out of Detroit and back on I94, or close to it, lol.

Good Morning. Coffee in hand and ready for another busy day. We are off to MJ's this afternoon!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

That's me and both kids.

I met a nice guy yesterday from Grand Rapids. He responded to a posting I had on Hoobly for a Serama rooster. Turns out he took all three cockerals I had too. We met up in Lansing yesterday for the exchange. Of course I told him about this site, and this thread we have going. Hope to see him around.

Opa, I like your coop and yard also. If you figure out that chicken language, I'd be curious to know.

KIMMY -
welcome-byc.gif
What part of Detroit are you in?

OCCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom