Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I may have to put one down this week. I think she must have been injured or something on her that another decided to help peck off. I left in the morning and all was well-came home to a very nasty surprise the other day. I have cleaned her up and put her in a hospital cage. She acts just fine but her vent is a mess. I think it would be easier to cut her loose if she were not named Betsy and wasn't so pretty and so few of her!

Have fun at MJ's Derek. I wish I could go to MJ's. That would be an experience. I may be getting chicks sooner then I thought. Our local TSC will have them in the first week in April. Keeping my fingers crossed

What's for breakfast everyone? We're having the basics -- fresh eggs -- boys just got them - sausages, bacon, hashbrowns and toast.

boy I can spell this morning
smile.png

Last edited:
Christy thinking of heading up your way to the Menards in Marinette, hows your weather is it colder than a mother-in-laws heart? because I can tell you it is here in Gladstone.

We got those 9 or 10 inches last Thursday night as well. Man I thought that white stuff was done but mother nature sure has a mean streak.

We are getting a bigger Menards come March 25th, I am painting the whole house and need more paint and can't get it here until March 25th when they open the new store. Sorry but I don't want my house tore up until March 25th and later LOL.

I will be going Monday or Tuesday. The breeder of the two litters I am socializing is talking about going there and putting up pup posters. Down to 2 PomChi's and 3 Shelties and they really need there new homes as next week I will have 4 Chihuahua's coming they will be 4 weeks old, man I love my therapy LOL. She had talked about going to Marquette but man I heard they got buried really bad with the white stuff. I told her more farms that way then in Marquette and she already pepered Marquette with flyers.

Stay warm ya all. I am finally getting more than 1 or 2 eggs a day, got 8 the other day and 6 yesterday man that felt good. I have 14 hens so they better get to laying soon.

OK, let me go fire up the jet and we'll be there.....

You know what's funny? My wife was born and raised in MI, and has never been to the UP. I think we are overdue for a trip there. Maybe this summer we could make a trip up and meet a few more Michiganders and let her explore the other part of the state.

Jean -- its cold, right now 6 degrees, no wind. don't know what its suppose to be like Monday or Tuesday though. I saw over the holidays that you were getting that big Menard, that will be nicer then the little one you have now. Good luck with the puppy posters.

You should do it Derek. I could recommend a few places to go. My family is planning a vacation up on the Kewanauw peninsula this summer. Based in Houghton, we going to go rockhounding in several different places. Should be fun

Morn'in Bluedog!! Whats yer weather down there?? When do you plant yer garden?? Serious case of spring fever here!!
Worked out in the coop yesterday. Was cold but sunny with no to little wind. Looks like today will be about the same. Have to go to Ma's and take her to breakfast
smile.png
. Biscuits and gravy, here I come- YUMMIE!!
Everybody have a good day!

I remember hearing something about the Governor wanting to cancel the State Fairs to save money with the budget. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever. The kids and I try to go every year. This year DD wants to enter her magpie drake. Last year there wasn't any; she figures it a sure win.

I love to plan the garden at this time of the year. Keeps me from killing something
smile.png
. Can't pick up the gardening catologs till March 1st comes around. They sit on my stacks of mag's just teasing me
sad.png
till its time to pick them up.

Quote:
Morning all! My we are chatty this morning!! No wonder we are catching the Okies!!
big_smile.png
A person tries to sleep in and can hardly stand all the chatter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom