Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=56638-how-to-raise-mealworms

Above is a link to a good and brief article about mealworm culture.

Nova,
I got 1000 worms. About 20 $ no postage fee. 4 stage life cycle. Adult> egg>larva>pupae>>>>>>Adult

MSue,

These guys pose no problem to people that I know of. Hey, I knew a fellow once who was fearful of alligators. Different strokes......

They are easy to raise !

Fun ? I can't see/say that.

If I were dead set on having some Jubilee Orps, I'd get myself some nice Orps and some Speckled Sussex and start crossing.

I have a chick from the Valentine's Day Hatch!
celebrate.gif
Congrats!! Post pics when you can.

MSue,

These guys pose no problem to people that I know of. Hey, I knew a fellow once who was fearful of alligators. Different strokes......

They are easy to raise !

Fun ? I can't see/say that.
Maybe my son will want to do this. They don't scare me just gross me out.

Holy Toot....$199....do they lay gold eggs too?

Olive....I bet that'd make a pretty chicken....Speckled, round, full & fluffy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

And it's so cool that there are other cheesemakers here too. I've got a couple of farmhouse cheddars I've been aging for a year in the basement refrigerator that we're going to turn into lobster macaroni and cheese for a little party at the end of February. My daughter loves to make mozzarella at least once a week.

In addition to the coming chickens, we have 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 English Angora rabbits, and hermit crabs.

We do bugs every spring so we'll be in mealworms, butterflies, more hissing cokcroaches, praying mantids... And on and on. The kids love bug studies!

We live on 10 acres and so far I've got 8 raised beds and we're putting in a pumpkin patch this spring. We also do worm composting and host a local company's bee hives.

I'm researching coops. I'm looking for something big enough for the chickens to be comfortable that will have space for the rabbit coop in the winter and all the rabbit/chicken supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom