Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Raz, if all of your ducklings would have made it, you wouldn't have been able to take such a cute picture! You would have had to take a picture of them in a swimming pool!!

Oh, I forgot!

Veena has started laying proper eggs again. Only now, I can not find Skatters eggs. Vanna and Vonna have been not laying lately either as much. They've been taking turns. I think they are starting to lose their down... Will that slow production? I have a lot of fluffy white under feathers in the coop. Roger is mounting Leila again, so does that mean she will start laying again soon? And I think Skeeter is laying, because I keep getting a small pink egg again. 2 in a row. I am thinking its Skeeters, because she is my only pink egger. Is that possible? I mean, her chicklets are only going on what... 4 weeks? Either that, or the egg is really Skatters... Could that happen? Change from green to pink? Maybe they are pranking me. I have been not getting them out of the coop these days till 10:30, they are normally out by 9. This 3rd shift is kicking my butt. I need to not go to work until 4 instead of 3, so I get 5 hours of sleep before I get up. LOL. I think they are messing with me. SO, anyway, is that possible? Or could Skeeter be laying again already?

See Raz, if all of your ducklings would have made it, you wouldn't have been able to take such a cute picture! You would have had to take a picture of them in a swimming pool!!

Except RaZ might forget to get his homework done accidentally on purpose. LOL. Especially on a day like today. We hit 65 here. It was supposed to only be 48. Um... SO, wonder what tomorrow will bring. I hope just as nice, I need to do the weekly duck poop clean up. Nasty little buggers.

When rats killed my goslings they dragged them through a big crack between the wall and the cement floor and then down under the floor into their den. The exterminator pulled one baby out, dead but uneaten or even chewed on. I seriously doubt a pigeon would/could kill two chicken chicks. Even the mother and father geese could not protect the goslings from the rats. The exterminator set traps that had covers over them so no other animal can get to them. He set these inside my chicken coop, so they had to be safe.

I took some pictures. This laptop is old so I'll have to do a couple posts.

For all you who are enjoying the warm weather and actually able to do something outside. Here are pictures of my chicken run. It smelled like spring and got to 40 degrees today but there just isn't much to do out there. It's even pretty wet snow for snowmobiles.

These guys won't be fitting in the sink for much longer. They sure are growing fast.

So are the other chicks. The ISA Browns are getting white flight feathers already.

For all you who are enjoying the warm weather and actually able to do something outside. Here are pictures of my chicken run. It smelled like spring and got to 40 degrees today but there just isn't much to do out there. It's even pretty wet snow for snowmobiles.
I think I'll have to mow the lawn tomorrow.
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom