Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got two meals out of one of the 6 pounders. Last night I roasted one up, and it was just me and the mom to eat it. Oh, it was so yummy. I stuffed it and everything.

Today, I picked the carcass clean, threw the ribcage to the other chickens to pick over, it was a slaughter, and the other thigh and leg bone to the dogs. I made chicken and rice, with peppers and peas from my own garden. My mom asked me what I was doing when I was shelling peas. She didn't know they were peas. Thought they were green beans. She also thought it was funny that the chicken was white... Said she didn't think that it'd have white meat since the chicken had white feathers. They really need a head scratching smiley... I am not kidding on this. She really said it. I was glad I didn't have food in my mouth at the time, because I swear my jaw hit the table.

OMG! What are we thinking here! Next thing CB will be going to the GC finest and we will be in trouble for discussing such things. I for one am writing a murder mystery now, so, that will be ok, I have a good reason to discuss it. I need it to be realistic. You all are my sounding board.

Well, I am back home, but with lots of issues! :barnie :he

Need some quick help!

All vet offices are close, can't get any help from them at the moment.

The cow have Mastitis, I found that she had it last night, and we got the Penicillin injectable and Flumix-Meglumine injection for her. Also one of our AGH hogs had given birth I do not know when for we were on vacation. But she had 2, but they were dead for I think more than a day, but the sow is acting like that she is still in labor, we were told to give her Penicillin injectable and Flumix-Meglumine injection for her and Oxytocin too.

We lost the the paper from the vet that tells how much cc of mediation in the needle we have to give to the cow, and the pig.

Thanks for any help!!!

nice rant by the way Nova,
I'm just a little behind.
Fuzzy the kids are lucky some one cares,,, Maybe it was a last min. decision by dad and DH, you have to feel for those kids
hugs.gif

Nova how is your sister doing?? better I hope.

Raz good luck with your trial, it is tomorrow isn't it?....

Got a momma hen with 3 chicks running around the yard wish she would take them to the big coop soon, going on vacation in a couple of weeks would like to have every one in 1 area so who ever takes care of them doesn't have to fret about any thing. Every day she takes them over to the fence near the rest of the birds but doesn't seem quite ready to take them in
Ran the sprinkler inside the run a few times today just to cool things off, no one seems to want to come out of the run till evening. More shade in the run
Swanpduck, any coons yet? do you leave the food in the run at night? we seem to be catching fewer since I put all food in trach cans and dump the water, only thing left for them to eat is what has been kicked to the ground and not cleaned up by hens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom